• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alice?

Mommy2PrincessAbby

DIS Veteran
Noticed that on mouse wait Alice has been closed a lot the last few days, is that just because of the rain? It's not on the refurb list....

I believe it was the rain. It was closed Friday (along with the Tea Cups) and then they were both running Saturday morning.

Jkpark said:
I believe it was the rain. It was closed Friday (along with the Tea Cups) and then they were both running Saturday morning.

Hope so, it is one of my fave rides... Not a deal breaker, but would be a bummer if we couldn't ride! The rain should be gone by the time we arrive in 2 days!! :banana:

We were there last week, and although it was open everytime we passed by, we ended up not going on it.:sad2: It's my favorite too. Although it wasn't more than 20 minutes long, it was still too long of a wait for me to hold my very squirmy 18 month old daughter in line for. We stuck to the rides with very minimal or no waits. Oh well.....maybe next time.

That's a shame for awhile they had been refurbishing Haunted Mansion too and it just wasn't the same...

Yeah it was down a lot when we were there over the weekend. My theory is that when it rains the pavement at that part of the ride where you travel outside for a few seconds probably gets slick and the carriage can slide.

I used to work in Fantasyland attractions. Anytime it rains, Alice goes down, as well as Teacups.

We were on it Saturday when it went down and we got stuck for about 20 minutes. We were on the hill outside and apparently where we stopped was unsafe to unload us.

I bet that the floor on the teacup ride gets pretty slick when wet. Is that why it goes down? We went on the Mater's Junkyard Jamboree ride in the rain, and that floor was pretty slippery. The CM's were warning everyone that it was slick, and rightfully so. I wouldn't blame them for shutting that down, but I bet they wouldn't want two of the three rides in Cars Land down at the same time.

My DD5 fell hard on mater's floor when it was wet Friday. Luckily she didn't hurt her bum or back. It looked worse to me than it actually was luckily

My DD5 fell hard on mater's floor when it was wet Friday. Luckily she didn't hurt her bum or back. It looked worse to me than it actually was luckily

I wonder if that is why they were telling everyone it was slippery. Perhaps we went on it right after you guys. Glad to hear DD5 is A-OK.

Noticed that on mouse wait Alice has been closed a lot the last few days, is that just because of the rain? It's not on the refurb list....

When we visited in early Nov. (nice weather that day) the upper ride area/track that goes outside was blocked with tarps. I don't know if that is something semi-permanent to protect the track from the weather. But anyhow, the ride went down during EMH and we decided to wait so we were the only ones in line for awhile. About 3-4 maintenance workers came over and also a suit that we got to talk to a little. He said they (disney) will be doing some overhaul to the ride soon. He was excited about it (for a grown man) and said it's going to be really nice. It made us wonder what they are going to do. Because of the tarps and the fact that the outside upper track area has always been affected by weather we wondered if it would be focused on that or maybe they will do more to the ride? We didn't fish for anything, he just came out with it during the conversation.

When we visited in early Nov. (nice weather that day) the upper ride area/track that goes outside was blocked with tarps. I don't know if that is something semi-permanent to protect the track from the weather. But anyhow, the ride went down during EMH and we decided to wait so we were the only ones in line for awhile. About 3-4 maintenance workers came over and also a suit that we got to talk to a little. He said they (disney) will be doing some overhaul to the ride soon. He was excited about it (for a grown man) and said it's going to be really nice. It made us wonder what they are going to do. Because of the tarps and the fact that the outside upper track area has always been affected by weather we wondered if it would be focused on that or maybe they will do more to the ride? We didn't fish for anything, he just came out with it during the conversation.

If they're the same tarps, they were added a couple years ago to cover the structure that was added to add and support railings for the ride. This 'temporary' fix has been slated to get a permanent solution ever since, but it keeps getting pushed back due to other ride refurbs. Sounds like it would be a huge deal to fix.

Before:
Alice_in_Wonderland.jpg
Alice_in_Wonderland_1994.jpg

After:
AliceInWonderlandFences.jpg
AliceTarps.jpg
4977509038_ce4528e8467.jpg

This 'temporary' fix has been slated to get a permanent solution ever since, but it keeps getting pushed back to to other ride refurbs. Sounds like it would be a huge deal to fix.

That looks like what we saw.

I would think if they do work on the ride it would be pretty certain that they would fix this issue. The "suit" made it sound like it was going to be a really nice refurb. I would hope he knows a bit more than the technicians or average CM when he said it would be "soon" and seemed genuinely excited about it. That would be nice. The ride could use some TLC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter