Alice in Wonderland

kelann7

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Is the new Alice In Wonderland appropriate for a 5 year old? Why is it rated PG?

Thanks.

Kelly

Personally, I don't think it's appropriate for a 5 year old. But it depends on the child. There's a bit of violence during a big battle sequence, including a somewhat graphic beheading of a CGI character. Also, the Red Queen still has a penchant for yelling "off with (his/her) head!" and you see in detail what she's done with all of the old heads. It's not pretty.

Oh my! I was going to take my 6 year old but she is way to timid for beheadings!:scared1: I'm surprised a friend of mine rec'd it. Her daughter may be a lot tougher than mine.

My five year old loved it and assured me repeatedly it wasn't too scary. (I kept checking with her during the movie.)

I, (41 years old), did not like it at all and found it way too scary.

I really think it depends on the person's personality and tolerance level. My DD likes Halloween/scary stuff. She had no problem with this. It was way too dark for me and I found the Red Queen's bulbous head super-disturbing. My DD thought it was hilarious and the Red Queen was her favorite character.

Depends on the child -- but if you're unsure, I'd vote don't see it. Rent the Disney version from the 1950's and watch it at home.

In my opinion, it definitely has a couple dark and intense moments...and they pop up out of nowhere, which can add to the 'scare.'

I took my DD younger than yours to see it and she loved it. She is still talking about it 2 weeks later. At the end she the monster is scary (said the same thing for Little Mermaid and Sleeping Beauty). If you child has seen other Tim Burton movies I wouldn't worry. Even if not, I personally thought it was pretty tame and don't see why everyone thinks it is so freaky.

No. It is not OK for a 5 year old.

There's a lot of adult stuff in in.

Alice in Wonderland is the good animation movie. Animation of this movie is stunning and wonderful. There are many elements, It's to good visual design and direction.

my daughter loves it, we watched it again last night, shell be 5 in april..
there are some scary parts in the movie, and if your kid is scared by much, i owuld not allow them to watch it, but my lil girl loves scary stuff (nightmare before christmas, not nightmare on elm street)

Loved the movie but unless the five year old gets exposed to a lot of dark movies I'd hold off. If she got through pirates ok she might be ok with this with some reminders about what's not real.

My niece saw it when she was 4 and was fine but then again, her favorite movie was Nightmare Before Christmas at that age too so she was a peculiar case I guess haha.

My son saw it at age 4, after a already full day of going to the St Patrick's parade and going to his fav restaurant (a hippie pizza joint). The only thing he was NOT cool with was when Alice was in the (sp?) Bandersnatch's "house". Mostly because he didn't feel that Alice had control of that situation. Her battling the Jabborwocky with the sword, not a problem. He LOVES the movie and saw it before seeing the animated version. He adores both and wants to meet Alice in November!

The film begins with Alice as a child, and discuss the imagination with his father, who always said he can not do the impossible until we believe it is possible. Visually the film is excellent. Not all fun and happiness, it is actually a movie rather "dark". But I'm glad I finally saw "Alice in Wonderland".

Alice in wonderland is an amazing movie. This movie full of adventure and Johnny Depp had done very good job in this movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter