• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alice in Wonderland Unscheduled Refurb

Here is the article.

Editor's Note 7/21: The rumors are true, and Alice in Wonderland has been shut down by Cal/OSHA. They finally called the park's bluff of working with Imagineering for years now to retrofit a hand railing system on to the outdoor vine portion of the track. None of the previous design proposals were liked by either the Imagineers or Disneyland's operations groups, in a joint attempt to try and maintain the aesthetics of this unique indoor/outdoor dark ride and Disneyland exclusive from 1958. But Cal/OSHA has no use for aesthetics or history, and they finally got tired of waiting for the park to do something about this blatant code violation. The ride has been shut down indefinitely while TDA scrambles to approve a plan to retrofit handrails on to the exterior ride track, and this unplanned closure will likely be measured in months. | Ever wonder how they keep the water from building up inside the Splash Mountain logs? Find out in today's

I am soooo bummed. I really love that ride and was looking forward to it. I hope they have it back up by early November, but doesn't sound good.:confused:

Sad. But I suppose it makes sense. I think they've been told for years they need to do something about that outside portion but they kept getting away with it because supposedly they had plans in the works. Guess Cal/OSHA got sick of waiting.

Of course, I don't feel like an emergency evac from that portion of the ride (with or without handrails) seems that much worse than an evac from the first lift hill of Big Thunder (sure there are stairs and a handrail but when it's wet it sure doesn't feel safe!)

Ahhh bummer. We just missed it by a week. I am glad Cal/OSHA is on the ball. The large number of deaths and serious injuries on this ride has always worried me. :upsidedow

Ahhh bummer. We just missed it by a week. I am glad Cal/OSHA is on the ball. The large number of deaths and serious injuries on this ride has always worried me. :upsidedow

:rotfl2:

We're missing it by a week as well.....we're disappointed! :sad1:

Too bad! This ride is a nice respite from the heat, as well as being good for us who suffer from motion sickness.

:sad2:

Not only does it "adjective that's probably not allowed here :laughing:" that the ride is closed indefinitely, it'll totally ruin the effect of being out on the "tall leaves" by putting a railing on them.

:sad2:

Not only does it "adjective that's probably not allowed here :laughing:" that the ride is closed indefinitely, it'll totally ruin the effect of being out on the "tall leaves" by putting a railing on them.

Maybe they can do a small vine that kind of fits the style of the ride? This really makes me mad, going there in about a week with WDW people that have never been to DL and now they are going to miss one of the unique attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter