Alice in Wonderland Tea Party ?

jabbo87

Earning My Ears
We are considering the AIWTP for our 4-year-old daughter in September. The $28.17 seems a bit pricey, even for WDW (what the heck is in those cupcakes, anyway!?). Jus wondering if anyone has done this recently and is it worth the price? Thanks!

My two dds (4 and 5) did it last August and they loved it. I think they also had tea sandwiches (peanut butter and Jelly) and chicken nuggest to eat also. It was much more than eating cupcakes. They had a ball. I thought it was worth every penny. In fact they can't wait to go back.

My dd did it when she was just turned 8. It's one of her favorite memories. She loved it. SHe would go again, but would feel babyish. They have a few surprises also!!! Nice character interaction. They have people there that will take your child's picture with the different characters with the child's camera. Your child might be young for bringing a nice camera. Let her bring a disposable one, with your name on it, just in case it gets misplaced.

My neices and nephews went to this. They had a good time. There is one catch though that goofy4tink eluded to. The parents were not allowed into the area where the tea party was taking place. We had to take pictures from outside the fenced (low fence) area. It was difficult to get good pictures unless your camera has a good zoom lense. I don't know if the Alice in wonderland tea party is hosted at other parks, but that was the experience at Epcot.

The Wonderland tea party my girls went to was at the Grand FLoridian (1900 Park Fare) not Epcot. They might be two different things we're talking about.

The one at the Grand Floridian is the one we are looking at. I didn't realize there was another? Thanks for the replies. Sounds like it is well worth the price and I'm sure our DD will love it!

Ours was at the Grand Floridian also. The CM's were really cute when they closed those french doors, saying...sorry, no parents allowed. Kids only!! THe faces on some of the littler ones were priceless. They looked really dismayed. But, I have to say that they all looked quite happy when they were picked up!!!

Took DD when she was 4 and again at 5--LOVED IT!!!!!
The kids really enjoyed shooing the parents away-:teeth:

They used to include an autographed picture but have since
done away with it- and the price was only $20. but you know how
that goes--:rolleyes:

I always felt it was really one of the hidden treasures along with
the Pirates cruise-
;)
Even at that price if you end up with a picture or 2 (they'll take a few if you leave yours) and the little one experiences a little magic
it will be well worth it::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Thanks for this great info. this was not something I'd even considered but I'm happy to report I got PS for 5/14. DD(4) is THRILLED!!!!! she wanted to have a tea party last weekend but her cousins who are all male were less than enthusiastic.::MinnieMo

My son's doing this on our trip, I specifically wanted him to do it now before he gets too old and decides it only for girls (he's 3 1/2). I'm sure he'll be in the minority (as a boy) but I'm quite sure he'll love it from everything I've heard. On our next trip, in a couple of years, he can do the pirate treasure hunt thing, right now I think he's too young for that...

Sorry I am changing the subject! But what is the pirate treasure hunt? I have 2 8yo boys. Is this something that they could do?

Thank you!

Hi Carrie,
from what I understand it would be perfect for 8 yr olds. I can't remember the exact name of it right now, but it has something to do with peter pan and it's a boat that leaves from the Grand Floridian -about 20 or so kids (i think) with a couple of CM's. No parent's allowed. I think it lasts for a couple of hours and they go looking for "buried" treasure on different islands. You could post a question about it and I'm sure lots of people would know the exact name and more about it.

Thanks and I will do that! How do normal people ever find out about this stuff! ha! I have learned so much from this DIS!

This sounds pretty cool! My daughter is 6 (and probably LOVE it) and son is 4 1/2. Tell me, have any of you had boys this age do it? Is the tea party really girly? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter