Alfredo de Roma or Coral Reef

dixiedizfan

DIS Veteran
It's getting closer to when we can book our ADRs, and we have a decision to make. Two of us would like to try Alfredo's, and two would like Coral Reef. We'll have two mid-teens with us. Aside from atmosphere, which would have the better food?

Alfredo's is horrible! It is on our definitely avoid list. I'd eat at a counter service place before I'd go back here.

Coral Reef we have never been to as none of us care for fish or seafood dishes. I would love to try the chocolate wave there however :rotfl:

The only restaurant that we really do like in Epcot that is a sit down would be Le Cellier.

You could also head out the international gateway and go to any of the restaurants out on the boardwalk or in those hotels in the area.

Good luck!

I've never been to Coral Reef, but I love Alfredos. I have to disagree with the lastr poster (Sorry, everyone has different tastes). We thought the food was delicious and the wait staff was wonderful. Even my very picky-eater teenage daughter loved it!

I guess it would matter if you wanted Italian or Seafood/Steak..lol

My inlaws love alfredos, but me and my dh are taking my dd (5) to Coral Reef in Nov.
Even if you don't like seafood (like me) you can get a great filet or strip steak!

Last December we ate dinner at Alfredo's and then enjoyed the soup so much, went back for lunch! Enjoyed the food, tables are disney close together, so sat and talked with the folks next to us.
Had a good time. Food wasn't stellar, but enjoyed ourselves. Like I said, enjoyed their soup so much, before going home, went back and had soup and salad for lunch.

We need to make our last ADR for our upcoming 10 day trip (our first time to WDW) and are considering L'Originale Alfredo di Roma Ristorante. The menu at allears does not show a dessert menu for dinner. Does anyone know if they have desserts there? Thanks! :cheer2:

Alfredo's has a dessert tray that they show at the end of the meal. I cannot remember all of the selections, but they did have chocolate chip canneloni, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, strawberry mousse in the shape of a ladybug, gelato, tiramisu, cheesecake, and some kind of coffee-flavored cheesecake.

Of the two, I prefer Coral Reef. I think that the tomato sauce at Alfredos is too sweet, and the alfredo sauce is too rich. JMO.

At Coral Reef, I like the mahi mahi dish, plus it is peaceful to watch the fish swimming in the big tank.

crbalb said:
Alfredo's has a dessert tray that they show at the end of the meal. I cannot remember all of the selections, but they did have chocolate chip canneloni, chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, strawberry mousse in the shape of a ladybug, gelato, tiramisu, cheesecake, and some kind of coffee-flavored cheesecake.

Thank you very much! :tongue: Made the ADR and it's now a done deal. After our ten days I think we all will we waddling on to our airplane. ::yes::

Thanks to everyone for their input. DH really wants to eat at Alfredo's, so guess that's where we'll be going. Hopefully the food will be good, and the teens can find something they like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter