Alert food allergy bracelet needed fast! Ideas?

disney fan4

Mouseketeer
My son broke is food allergy alert bracelet. I need a replacement fast. He starts vbs monday, not at our home church, and they eat supper there every night. He is 8 so he does pretty good about knowing what to avoid but he also is a high functioning ASD kid so I would really like to replace the bracelet if possible. I have already spoken to the director but cant be too careful. Does anyone have any ideas where I could get one quickly? Have you ever found one in local stores, Walgreens etc?

I've seen them in drugstores but not with an type of regularity (one location might have them, another might not)

I don't think this is necessarily a good idea as it might go unnoticed...but what if you got one of those thick plastic "charity" type bracelets and turned it inside out, and wrote whatever the allergy is on that? I say this might not be a good idea because someone might see it and not notice what it says, but it could be something in the short term?

If you have a hospital near buy, stop in the ER and ask if you could have an allergy bracelet for the reason you state. Then just write Allergy and what it is to on it.

Denise in MI

If he did not lose the bracelet, take it to a locally-based jeweler to be repaired. If you explain the medical significance, I'm sure that they would be willing to put a rush on it. If someone can do it right away it should take less than a hour to solder it.

Meanwhile, of course, order a backup bracelet so that he has a spare available if this happens again.

I took a silicone/rubber squishy type bracelet, flipped it inside out and wrote on it with sharpie while I was waiting for my expensive one to come in. I need a new one but I think I will get a necklace this time. I lose bracelets.

If you don't like the rubber ones, sew Some cloth with a snap or something simple as a temp. I do it for students on field trips so volunteers know what is going on. Red for food allergies, yellow for behavioral needs, green for environmental allergies, blue for other illnesses and white for anyone who wants one because everyone else gets one. I don't write their issues on the band for privacy reasons but it helps a lot when something happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter