Ale&compass or another restaurant for dinner....

andychris14

DIS Veteran
We have ale & compass booked for dinner for the day we will be at Hollywood studios. We have been to cape may buffet and wanted to try a different restaurant other than the ones in HS.
Should we stick to ale & compass or try somewhere else? If so where?
We don’t need character dining.
Thank you in advance

I have not been to Ale and Compass, however I have enjoyed Trattoria Al Forno. The food, service and wine was awesome! I am not trying to persuade you to change, but just wanted to toss another suggestion to you.

I have not been to Ale and Compass, however I have enjoyed Trattoria Al Forno. The food, service and wine was awesome! I am not trying to persuade you to change, but just wanted to toss another suggestion to you.
Thank you

Stick with Ale & Compass!
We ate there in January & it is our newest favorite place for eats.
We loved everything we ordered & the service was excellent.
Thank you

We had breakfast at Ale and Compass in March and it was spectacular. The restaurant is really lovely. Beautifully decorated, good food and good service. We also like Trattoria al Forno, but it's a bit livelier than A&C. If you aren't on the dining plan, you could consider a Swan/Dolphin restaurant (we like bluezoo and Il Mulino).

Eek! Hadn't heard of Ale and Compass and just checked the menu for dinner and it looks awesome! Thoughts on changing from Yachtsman to here? :blush:

We were planning on A&C for our HS day also, haven't been yet but liked the menu. Then decided to just hop to the WS. But if we didn't do EP, we definitely would do A&C.

We had TERRIBLE service at Ale & Compass. Terrible. The food was great, but its a shame that the service was so awful that we don't want to go back.

Eek! Hadn't heard of Ale and Compass and just checked the menu for dinner and it looks awesome! Thoughts on changing from Yachtsman to here? :blush:

If you want to save some money, but still have a good meal in a beautiful restaurant, I would!

We had TERRIBLE service at Ale & Compass. Terrible. The food was great, but its a shame that the service was so awful that we don't want to go back.

Oh no, that's too bad!

We haven't eaten there yet, but we have the CP dining package booked there for December. My niece is at WDW right now and texted me to tell me how good A&C was. She said it was her favorite meal all week. She had the Parker House rolls and the short rib. I am so looking forward to it now!

I’m not sure about comparing to Yachtsman, but A&C has my vote for best burger on property. And a great breakfast too.

Sorry about that, before you ban it consider giving it another chance.
Our server was awesome, very attentive without being intrusive.

We ate at A&C during a YC stay in May 2018. It was storming, and we didn’t want to venture over to Epcot to graze WS, which was the original plan. Wow, were we glad we did! Great food, especially the rolls and spreads, I could have just eaten those and been happy. And the service was fabulous. It’s definitely on our list of must-do restaurants now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter