• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aldis Prices went up!!

Solomonsmom81

P.U.S.H. = Pray Until Something Happens
I went to Aldis yesterday and EVERYTHING went up at least 10 cents and some even went up 30 cents!!! my bill was $15 more then usual and I always get the same things there!! I usually get my DH lunch stuff and certain items for dinner and then do the rest of my shopping at a supermarket but the prices there are close to the ones now at the super market 10-30 cents adds up per item!! GRRRRRRRRRR thanks for letting me vent!:mad: :(

Their apple juice has gone from .99 up to 1.49 in the last few months. I think the canned tuna went up .10 too. Heck, I usually get a grocery cart full for less than $50 and the other day I spent $74 for an almost full cart. I guess it's normal with the price of gas being so high.

Aldi's is going to be particularly susecptible to fuel costs since so much of their product is shipped long distances.

I've been saying all along that Wegman's prices are better on certain things. This is just proof. Wegman's prices for milk is still contant.

The price of milk at my Aldis has gone down at least a quarter in the last few weeks.

For a long time, I've been going to Aldi's and most recently they have putting Aldi commercials on the TV....I'm sure that cost a pretty penny.

The milk at aldi's has gone down. Everything else is up the b-b-q sauce has.. Its cheeper to by kraft w a coupon. Also ketchup went up 15 cents and a smaller bottel and store brand oreos went up 20 cents...Now I feel like I have to watch what I buy there. I know with coupons or store specials I can do even better than Aldi.

I'm not going to complain about 10 cents when everywhere else in the world prices have increased WAY more than that! I just wish they'd have 1% milk in gallon sizes! I do 80% of my shopping there and the rest at Super Walmart.:)

It's not just Aldi. I buy the same things every week and my bill was $54 more this week.

The Aldi on New Circle near Lexmark-I go every other week and it has been 1.99 since they opened several months ago. Eggs went from .99 to 1.29 recently though. I paid 1.99 as recently as last Saturday.

The Aldi on New Circle near Lexmark-I go every other week and it has been 1.99 since they opened several months ago. Eggs went from .99 to 1.29 recently though. I paid 1.99 as recently as last Saturday.

I had no idea we had an Aldi! Is it like Sam's Club? Is it worth it to shop there?

I hardly ever find milk for less than $3.99 a gallon. Most of the sales on milk are gone now, but once in a while it will be marked down 50 cents. I always look for short dated gallons and they are usually $1.99 if you can find any.

Sheila

All grocery chains transport their products by truck, and since diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline, transportation costs have risen across the board. Since grocery chains operate on a very low margin (1-2%), they cannot absorb these costs without raising prices.

And when you complain about the price of milk ... please think of the dairy farmer who has those dairy cows ... ALL of his costs have risen dramatically (fuel, feed, power, etc.) ... so are you expecting him to eat those costs just so you can have "cheap" milk? Give the farmer a break ...

The products that I buy in Aldi's are still far cheaper than any regular supermarket in our area..:confused3

I just paid 5.37 (tax included) for a gallon of milk at the grocery store so if anyone can buy milk for 1.99 a gallon I'd stock up and freeze it!

I just paid 5.37 (tax included) for a gallon of milk at the grocery store so if anyone can buy milk for 1.99 a gallon I'd stock up and freeze it!
-------------------------------------------------

Whoa!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

The products that I buy in Aldi's are still far cheaper than any regular supermarket in our area..:confused3

::yes::

Yeah, their prices have gone up some. But the prices at my local supermarkets have gone up much more overall. It's always smart to keep a price book so that you know what stores have the best prices on certain items. No one store is going to be cheapest for everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter