Alcohol

jakesmom_01

Mouseketeer
I don't know whether this has been asked previously...but I had heard that you are allowed to take alcohol unopened on the ship...is this true? I know it is not allowed on carnival. TIA

Yes, DCL allows you to bring alcohol onboard in your carry on bags. They do ask, however, that you do not consume what you bring onboard in the public spaces. An exception to that would be bringing a glass of wine to dinner. If you bring the bottle, DCL will charge you a corking fee.

Yep, as much as you like!!! DCL does ask that you carry on and NOT put it in checked luggage and they also request that you consume any alcohol brought onboard in your cabin and not in public spaces.

if you bring a bottle of wine to the dining room you will charged a corking fee plus an auto gratuity. This has nothing to do with the physical act of opening bottle but a service charge for bringing a non DCL purchased bottle to the dining room.

MJ

It's one of the many reasons we are willing to pay more to cruise with Disney. Dh really enjoys drinking a couple beers while he reads books on the stateroom balcony. He'll easily go through a case of beer, so it's nice to only pay 20.00 for that whole case and not the roughly $5.00 a bottle it would cost on board.

Well worth the $20.00 corkage fee too!! Despite the additional fee, the bottles are less expensive than if we purchased them on board, even if we could find them. So yippee! We get what we like to drink and still save money!

So are you charged a 20 corkage fee per bottle? For example, I being 2 bottles of wine to the same dinner. Do I pay $40 for both or $20?

So are you charged a 20 corkage fee per bottle? For example, I being 2 bottles of wine to the same dinner. Do I pay $40 for both or $20?

Yes, the corkage fee is for each bottle. We brought 12 bottles :) and spent $240.00 on corkage fees but felt good about situation. We love that DVC allows people to bring their own alcohol and would never abuse their system; in the end it saved us money.

Parkerpirates said:

Corkage fee is per bottle -- but only if you bring it to the MDR. No fee to open and consume in your stateroom.

Enjoy your cruise!

Well worth the $20.00 corkage fee too!! Despite the additional fee, the bottles are less expensive than if we purchased them on board, even if we could find them. So yippee! We get what we like to drink and still save money!

Totally worth it
I love this because you can bring your favorite wine and only pay $20.. e.g my favorite wine is a vintage and a particular brand of Malbec. a similar one (lower quality) onboard costs around $200.. inland costs no more than $80+ $20 for corkage..boom, half price favorite wine. Unbeatable if you're picky with wine. Life's too short for low quality, expensive onboard wine.

I love this I bring my own wine and open in my room and have a glass before dinner and take one to dinner.

Totally worth it
I love this because you can bring your favorite wine and only pay $20.. e.g my favorite wine is a vintage and a particular brand of Malbec. a similar one (lower quality) onboard costs around $200.. inland costs no more than $80+ $20 for corkage..boom, half price favorite wine. Unbeatable if you're picky with wine. Life's too short for low quality, expensive onboard wine.

Where's the 'like' button?

What kind of travel cups do you usually bring on board to mix your drinks? I know the small ones in the room wouldn't be big enough.

We actually did a beer exchange on our Fantasy cruise. Those involved brought 2 different 6-packs, we set all the beer out, and people got to choose 12 assorted beers. My husband and father participated and loved having an assortment of different beer. We did the exchange in a stateroom as to not violate any of Disney's policies.

What kind of travel cups do you usually bring on board to mix your drinks? I know the small ones in the room wouldn't be big enough.

We just brought our travel cups that have lids and straws. I guess they are around 16 ounces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter