Alcohol still allowed in the med?

amystevekai&bump

DIS Veteran
Hi:thumbsup2

I remember we carried beer onboard for DH and soda/water for the children when we were in Barcelona a couple for years ago.

Is this still allowed? (for some reason I thought I read something a while back that made it sound as though the rules might be changing?:confused3 Of course knowing me I could quite possibly have dreamt it!):lmao:

Many thanks for any info :wave2:

We boarded in barcelona last Tuesday and had no problems taking beer on board. There are duty free shops after security so you can stock up in port if you haven't been able to get to a supermarket.

We boarded in barcelona last Tuesday and had no problems taking beer on board. There are duty free shops after security so you can stock up in port if you haven't been able to get to a supermarket.

Brilliant! Thanks for posting - hope you had a great trip:thumbsup2

I know we can buy alcohol/wine in Barcelona before boarding, but what about when we are our ports? On other cruise lines they take it from you and you can't have it until you disembark. Is this the case here? Or. An I buy a bottle of wine in, let's say Nice, and bring it inboard and drink that night?

I appreciate any response, as this is my first Disney cruise and don't know all the rules....

I know we can buy alcohol/wine in Barcelona before boarding, but what about when we are our ports? On other cruise lines they take it from you and you can't have it until you disembark. Is this the case here? Or. An I buy a bottle of wine in, let's say Nice, and bring it inboard and drink that night?

I appreciate any response, as this is my first Disney cruise and don't know all the rules....

Yes. You can buy alcohol in port and bring on board. Friends of ours bought wine in each port to enjoy on board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter