Alcohol prices near Aulani?

pamelaj

Mouseketeer
We will be at Aulani next week and we are debating if we should buy alcohol at home and bring it with us or just wait and buy it there. We are already planning a trip to Target to buy groceries, so it wouldn't be too much trouble. Did anyone notice how the prices are? We would probably buy some prosecco or a bottle or two of hard alcohol to make our own drinks, nothing too crazy.

If it would save a good amount though, we will buy it here.
Thanks!

We thought the prices at Target were not bad. They did run slightly higher than on the mainland. It is hard to say if it would be worthwhile for you to bring stuff from home. I could not imagine having to deal with the extra weight in my suitcase.

We also looked around Costco and the ABC/Country Market store. Costco was cheaper if you needed larger bottles of things but their selection was somewhat limited as far as brands. ABC/Country Market had a good selection but we felt they were a bit higher than Target.

We actually did all our shopping in Target. Their selection worked for us and their prices were not much higher than I am used to paying at home.

We bought all of our alcohol at Target, both wine and hard stuff. We also stopped at Safeway...their wines may have been just a bit cheaper, but not worth going there just for that. We did not think they were much higher priced than at home overall. The ABC store across the street is higher, but not crazy high. Any place beats the cost of one drink at the resort.

It is not fun packing alcohol. When we did a Disney Cruise two years ago, we packed alcohol into our checked bags for the flight to Florida, then had to unpack them to put into our carryons for boarding the ship. I worried about breakage....especially the way the bags are handled!

We also picked up steaks and burgers at Target and used the wonderful gas grills at the resort. There is also a fresh produce market in the same parking lot. They have some great stuff....you can also get salads and sandwiches made there. Their spice section is wonderful....we brought home some black hawaiin sea salt and some other interesting things.

Have a wonderful trip. We went around the same time last January. If you carefully walk two lagoons up (behind Paradise Cove) you may see some of the smaller type sea turtles basking on the rocks.

We had great weather and also got to see some monster waves at North Shore.

Avoid morning and evening rush hour at all costs.

We also bought beer and wine from Target. I wouldn't bring it from home as the prices seemed comparable, it's not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the advice! It sounds like everyone agrees. I have just read all about the crazy prices and started to wonder. We are so excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter