Alcohol in Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
... I've often wondered what policy was with regard to bringing beer (or whatever) into the MK as long as it was in a safe container and didn't publically advertise via its dress what it was.

Guests cannot bring it in; that's the policy, even for a private event. Can you sneak it in? Yes, if you change the container. I've known people to take in spirits disguised as bottled water or soft drinks. Of course, if a CM catches you with alcohol in your possession, or drunk and disorderly, you're out of the park, and you won't be welcome back anytime soon.

Don't think that Disney hasn't taken this into account: it is interesting to note that during Grad Night events, the rules say that guests may not bring in liquids of any kind; not even bottles of perfume. Obviously, it must not be much of an issue during regular park hours, or they would implement this limit then, too.

I have to believe that MK has an on-premise consumption permit even though they don't sell there. (It's in that park somewhere whether we can buy it or not IMHO. ;) )

Disney will serve liquor in the MK at private events held during after hours; they won't serve it if the park is open to the public. I've been served at private after-hours corporate events in the MK. I'm sure that what they have is a caterer's license that allows them to serve anywhere on property.

Other than MK, I find all of the resorts and parks quite accommodating for adult beverages such as beer, wine and mixed drinks. Beer is most easily available at all the parks (except MK) and you can find other drinks too. The resorts have decent lounges and I wouldn't hesitate to send him in the direction of any of the MK resorts to quinch his thirst while in MK. I would suggest doing that INSTEAD of going to the parking lot for a few reasons though. I think it would be easier to access from MK than to go to the parking lot and if I were the one drinking, I would certainly prefer sitting in a lounge rather than in a car. My DH and I enjoy drinking on vacation and a good bit to be honest. We love grabbing our drinks any given chance while in WDW and we've never felt like it was difficult to find alcohol at all (except MK - which isn't an issue for us.) To be honest, we each drink a beer in our villa before heading to MK, and usually drink another when we're on our afternoon break.

I have no problem with MK not serving alcohol. I am surprised with the people suggesting that those who would like to enjoy a beer or a drink at the park equals one being an alcoholic.

Just got back from Munich where drinking beer was just like drinking water at most meals. This does not mean one has a problem, just that one enjoys drinking with the meals.

To the OP, as mentioned above, there is nowhere at MK to drink but plenty of places in walking or Monorail distance to enjoy a beverage.

The monorail resorts are all highend fancy places. If Pop would be more comfortable in a rustic setting, it's a short boatride over to Fort Wilderness and the tavern is just a couple of hundred feet up the path. And Wilderness Lodge is another possibility by boat. Have him drink one for me.

The Poly doesn't feel fancy though. You can always go to the pool bar there and grab a drink. Then you would also have a very nice view of the Castle.

it is pretty bad when a grown adult can not go with out a drink while at a park, or wants to get drunk. the way i look at it they have no self respect for themselves or any respect for other people around them. (jmi):sad2::sad2:

I didn't know the contemporary was that close. I think that may be a good option. Thank you.

Once took a former BIL that had a "drinking problem"to a AB theme park . We just didn't tell him they gave beer to you free. <g> He made it till about 4PM before he figured it out. After that we didn't see him again till we left the park:-[

My thoughts at Disney would be get to the MK for opening. Do all the rides you can there. Then hop on the monorail over to Epcot for a late lunch where he can get a drink with lunch. I'd probably stay there until park closes. He can get a few drinks as the day wears on or spend some time at Epcot and return to MK for Wishes.

I just figure that you do what you've gotta do. Going with DH next week and we certainly enjoy our adult beverages at dinner and in the evening when on vacation. If someone else wants/needs them at other times, so be it (particularly if it makes the OPs dad more pleasant to be around, which sounds like a distinct possibility).

On that note, I smoke.....not a ton, but a few a day. I have no problem with not smoking indoors (hell, I don't even smoke in my own house!) but am a little concerned about having to go to a 'smoking area' at the parks....I won't smoke in the crowds there....just not appropriate, but don't see the big deal of ducking around the corner out of the way.

it is pretty bad when a grown adult can not go with out a drink while at a park, or wants to get drunk. the way i look at it they have no self respect for themselves or any respect for other people around them. (jmi):sad2::sad2:

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you hope to accomplish by saying this? Do you think he's gonna alter his lifestyle cause someone on a message board told him he had no respect for himself? No, it won't and it only makes you come across as judgemental and insensitive.

If you were really trying to help, a PM to the OP would have sufficed instead of calling his Dad out the way you did.

OP, like others have said, have him hop on the monorail and get a drink at the Contemporary, Polynesian or Grand Floridian.

Great way to escape heat or crowds or just get some R & R, hop the monorail to Poly and try a Lapu Lapu yourself while there, YUMMY!
Someone also mentioned FOrt WIlderness, crocketts Tavern, a nice relaxing rocking chair and a nice cool Beer or Contemp or GF by monorail too. The choices are there.
Have a great trip.........no judging here............one has to do what one has to do :lmao:

In my opinion...I find it hard that your father can not go a day without having a beer or something like that.

You do understand that sometimes people have an issue??? That it is a disease? Why in the name of all that's holy would you say those things to someone?? Man..talk about a total lack of compassion for others. I really hope you both never have to experience life with an addict of any kind. Both those responses were rude and hurtful.

OP - I feel and hear your pain :grouphug:.. I will be bringing my Mom this summer and she too "needs her fix" daily. The good part for me is that she can go until around dinner time so I should get through most of the day. We plan to go back to the room for a break around 3 so she can partake then. My biggest concern for her is the dehydration her libations and the heat are going to do to her body. I am going to make sure she drinks more water then she ever thought possible..until her eyeballs are floating.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

To all those who are commenting about what people can/cannot control...it is not in the OP's father's best interest to stop drinking cold turkey if it's something his body is used to every day. It takes a medically controlled program otherwise there nice vacation can be wrecked with withdrawal symptoms that could be terrible. It's not the OP's job to make her father quit his addiction. If only it were that easy.

I hope the OP and her Dad have a wonderful, magical vacation...in whatever way makes THEIR lifestyle comfortable.

Does this response do anything to answer the question? Like they said, it is what it is. Sometimes you have to deal with situations that aren't ideal.

OP I am sorry ppl are adding to the discussion in rude and hurtful ways- when I read it, the discussion was about if alcohol was available in MK and not how they feel about your Dad wanting a drink. I hope you all have a trip that works for your family so everyone is happy.

Folks the Question has been answered and this thread is closed. Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter