Alcohol carry-on and soda policy

Anyone had any experience with bringing non alcoholic wine aboard? I know at the stores people aren’t knowledgeable about it so I get carded, and I’m kinda just preparing for the same on the cruise?

Also, anyone experienced a B2B with alcohol you’ve brought on board and extra you purchased in port? Do you have to be back down to 2 bottles? Or will they let you have all that you’ve accumulated? I would assume since I’m not changing rooms it will be ok?

Any experience on how "at each port" works when you overnight at a port? Since they technically say "Guests Aboard: 11:59pm" does day 2 count as a second port?

Neither DW nor I drink alcohol.
But I am pain-in-the-rear "snob" about Diet Dr Pepper. I like it a lot.
I don't drink coffee either, but 2-3 (or even 4) cans of Diet Dr Pepper makes a vacation (or any!) day that much better.

So this is what I've done . . . 12-packs are a bit more compact and easier to buy & carry than plastic bottles; two or three or even four of them can be securely taped together with plenty of duct tape. The more tape the better as it helps prevent punctures and other mishaps. Once taped together, one's soda package is carry-on luggage and it needs to go with you thru X-Ray, waiting in terminal, embarking, etc. This can be a pain so plan for mobility.

Once on board, the rooms aren't ready . . . but there's a trick: Presuming one knows which elevator section and which side of the ship one's cabin is on . . . bring the soda package to the deck/section and make sure you have clearly labeled your room on the package. The easiest thing for the (busy, working) state room attendants to do is to drop it in your cabin. A gratuity is a nice gesture.

And there you go: A Disney Cruise with plenty of Diet Dr Pepper!

these threads always have a few people with some great tips and good information. Then there are always the people complaining about why someone would want to do that when they don't. I really don't understand that. It's a vacation. Someone bringing their fav drink on board so they can enjoy it on vacation doesn't hurt anyone else. I think it's great that DCL has rules set up to allow for this. I don't think I'm planning on bringing any beverages, but it's great to see that it's allowed.

Yeah we love bringing a six pack of good beer and 2 bottles of wine to the room for an afternoon drink while we shower and get ready for dinner and for at night for a nice night cap on the verandah. It’s not about being cheap or a snob just nice to have something cold waiting for you in your room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter