• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alcohol carry-on and soda policy

Mickeyhugger

DIS Veteran
My husband and I haven't sailed DCL in over five years.

We just booked for February 2023 from Galveston. Are we still able to take onboard, a 12-pack of soft drinks? We would also like to take advantage of the six-pack of beer allowed. Last time we sailed, wine was the only alcohol allowed to bring onboard.

Thanks!

Unless you don't like COKE products why bring soft drinks? They are free 24/7 by the pool, just bring a good insulated mug.

Unless you don't like COKE products why bring soft drinks? They are free 24/7 by the pool, just bring a good insulated mug.
Never understood hauling alcohol on board, soda makes even less sense. We only spent $125 on alcohol on a 7 day cruise. And I can't believe I wrote ONLY before $125. So I might have saved $75 on a $9,000 cruise.

I'm not a big soda drinker but the soda from the machines by the pool tastes really diluted and imo there's generally a huge difference in taste between soda cans/bottles vs soda from fountains... so if a person is really into soda, I can understand why they'd bring some on the ship.

Last edited:
Never understood hauling alcohol on board, soda makes even less sense. We only spent $125 on alcohol on a 7 day cruise. And I can't believe I wrote ONLY before $125. So I might have saved $75 on a $9,000 cruise.

Same. But I think it's only two groups of ppl that do this, both the fringe minority:
the wine snobs/connoisseurs that maintain that no wine aboard the ship is of good enough quality for them and,
the extreme cheapskates that think why pay $10-15 for a glass of wine/beer when for that price they can bring an entire 750ml bottle or a 6 pack of beer.
As you say, I want to think that most ppl understand that if they've spent 4-5 $ figures on a cruise it'd be silly to save a couple of hundred bux and shlep their own booze.

I'm not a big soda drinker but the soda from the machines by the pool tastes really diluted and imo there's generally a huge difference in taste between soda cans/bottles vs soda from fountains... so if a person is really into soda, I can understand why they'd bring some on the ship.
We cruised Disney before free soda. We held off on buying our kids a "soda pass" which I think was like $25 for 7 days each. They discovered the free fruit punch at the buffet and saved mom and dad $50.

Never understood hauling alcohol on board, soda makes even less sense.
If I could be confident that they'd have my preference in soda (regular caffeine free), I wouldn't bring it onboard. But, most of the time, they don't have it.

I’ll be carrying on my beer and wine allowance upon embarking as I can’t afford a Disney cruise, so the we already spent $10,000 what’s $300 more argument doesn’t work here. My mom is generously gifting the cruise to us and I’d like to have a beer or glass of wine during afternoon nap on our veranda. I think comparing 6 drinks to the price of one is not an extreme cheapskate, nor is taking advantage of an available discount.

If I could be confident that they'd have my preference in soda (regular caffeine free), I wouldn't bring it onboard. But, most of the time, they don't have it.
LOL. You're on vacation. Try NEW things. LOL

DH doesn’t like coffee but has a Monster energy drink in the morning. They cost quite a bit on board and only have one flavor so we bring at least one per day for him to enjoy. Since they non alcoholic we can bring as many as we can carry onboard with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter