Alcohol at Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm all for tradition I think this was a wise decision for this particular restaurant.

Personally I have encountered numerous drunken individuals in all of the Disney parks including the Magic Kingdom over the years and it's definitely been getting worse the last few years. Unless they were to breathalyze every guest who enters there is just no way to keep anyone who has been drinking out of any of the parks. As already mentioned, plenty of people eat outside of MK and return after over indulging. There are also those who return to their rooms to have a few during their park breaks & then return later. As for F & W being a drunk fest, I have seen just as many if not more intoxicated individuals in EPCOT on St. Patty's Day, NYE and any other normal day I may have visited. I've also seen intoxicated individuals making a spectacle of themselves and embarrassing their families in MK, DHS & AK as well as EPCOT on occasion. Whether they got their alcohol in those parks or elsewhere is unknown to me but it was clear that they were quite inebriated.

If people want to drink they are going to drink no matter where they have to go to get it. I don't think this decision to serve wine & beer in BOG is going to drastically raise the number of drunken guests wandering through MK on any given day.

Disney makes rules & they change them when they need to or choose not to enforce them as they see fit. I rarely see any CM's telling guests that they can not smoke except in the designated areas. Look at the uproar when they announced they were going to enforce the FP return window. There are just too many people out there who think the rules don't apply to them or are meant to be broken as evidenced by those who sneak alcohol into MK, smoke where they please, bring in their own food, etc.

I second this. Look at it this way, it's an additional revenue stream that could help to hold down prices for things like park tickets.

I think we've seen what a great job the rest of WDW's alcohol sales have done to keep ticket costs down for everyone over the years. ;)

Sad and disappointing that a French styled dinner would serve wine? Sad and disappointing that you can consume alcohol in DHS and then ride ToT, or in Epcot and ride Test Track, or in AK and ride EE, but now it is a tragedy that you can have a glass of wine with dinner in the MK? People need to stop being so Ameri-centric and Puritanical. The rest of the world can consume a glass of wine it the non-U.S. Magic Kingdoms, but somehow the sky is falling if Americans can enjoy the same pleasure? I don't think so.

Bravo - well stated!

Since everyone on this thread seems to be able to channel the will of Walt, can we ask Walt what his opinion is of setting aside space for stroller parking? I'm sure his initial vision didn't include 10,000 weapons with wheels rolling the park each day. I consider them and the soccer moms who pilot them more of a disruption to my vacation than individuals overpaying for 1-2 glasses of wine or beers and consuming them in the confines of a restaurant.

On a side note, and I'm saying this as a pooh sized individual myself, if people would apply their puritanical outlook to the dress code at MK, it would be a much nicer place. :thumbsup2

walts not looking down crying. His head is frozen in cryofreeze somewhere, therefore he has no eyes to look down with, and from what others report he was not the most religious person even though he was brought up in a religious family, so for all we know, he didn't believe in heaven. As for raising hell, I pretty certain walt would cry (if he had eyes) over that.

enjoying attacking others?

1. cryofreeze did not start until 2years after Walts death.

2. He was not a Sunday go to Church type, but he is known to have a deep chistian faith . His daugthers were married in the English church.

3. His many comments, wrtten and video show he wanted to keep Disnyland and the to be biult MK dry, so yes in my opinion he is likely upset.

Please have the common courtesy not to attach others just becuase they disagree with you.

AKK

YOU DO NOT KNOW THAT. You are not Walt, nor a family member, nor God, so how do YOU of all people know what he would have wanted 40 yrs later? When he created Disneyland he had a smoke shop on main street. At a theme park for CHILDREN. I highly doubt the smoke shop was for the kids. LOL. Do you think he minded when they got rid of it? In his day you could smoke anywhere, yet now folks have to hunt on a map to see where they can smoke. Do think Walt would approve of that?? None of us know what he would want now since things are sooo different and people using Walt as an excuse NOT to change are unrealistic. Walt was the creator, but not the decision maker of the future.His dedication will never be forgotten, but you can't hold what someone said decades ago into their death.

Please learn about the man and then you can speak with some authority....I have read and studed the man for years and can speak with authority..........YES he would be upset with alcohol in Disneyland and MK.

Oh boo hoo! I think Walt would have agreed to this a long time ago! It's all about progress and making money which he was always for! Adding alcohol in one restaurant is not gonna change a thing or get people drunk! I doubt Disney is gonna change their mind because a few people like you don't like alcohol! I just don't get why people like you care about this so much? If u don't like to drink no problem then don't buy it! I know Disney is one of my fav places to have a few drinks because I never have to worry about driving anywhere! We can enjoy ourselves and then let Disney transportation take us safely to our hotel! Love it

BOo HOO??..your are childish!

I enjoy a drink as much as the next person, but bringing alcohol into the MK takes aways a bit of the magic and pixie dust that has kept it a very special place......there plainly is no need for it in the MK!

This was Walts wishes and it should stay this way, and yes I have read and studied the man a good eal in 61 years............so I can say that with authority and conviction!

So noted above I enjoy a drink like most people so next time think before to sday things you know nothing about!.

I am sure you will now have some sneaky things to say I wont bother reading as they will be meaningless.

AKK

Please learn about the man and then you can speak with some authority..............YES he would be upset with alcohol in Disneyland and MK.

No one could possibly speak with "authority" on this matter unless it's Walt himself, which obviously isn't going to happen.

Everything on this thread having to do with what Walt would think is absolute pure speculation.

2. He was not a Sunday go to Church type, but he is known to have a deep chistian faith . His daugthers were married in the English church.

3. His many comments, wrtten and video show he wanted to keep Disnyland and the to be biult MK dry, so yes in my opinion he is likely upset.

Please have the common courtesy not to attach others just becuase they disagree with you.

AKK

I'm completely lost as to where you saw an attack in that post. :confused3

I enjoy a drink as much as the next person, but bringing alcohol into the MK takes aways a bit of the magic and pixie dust that has kept it a very special place......there plainly is no need for it in the MK!

This was Walts wishes and it should stay this way, and yes I have read and studied the man a good eal in 61 years............so I can say that with authority and conviction!

So noted above I enjoy a drink like most people so next time think before to sday things you know nothing about!.

I am sure you will now have some sneaky things to say I wont bother reading as they will be meaningless.

AKK

now, on the other hand, what you just did there IS an attack.

AKK
You do realize that there is no such thing as "magic" nor "pixie dust". These are made up things.

AKK

How come everyone who disagrees with you is attacking you? On almost every thread where I have read your posts you accuse others of attacking you when they question and disagree with you.

You do realize that there is no such thing as "magic" nor "pixie dust". These are made up things.

Isn't it amazing how much $$$ people will spend to get multi-day park hoppers so they can go to all the parks, when it is clear to all that neither Epcot, DHS nor AK have "magic" or "pixie dust". Next time I am in line for Soarin', I am going to scream at the top of my lungs for the 90 minutes worth of people in front of me to get the heck out of the park, because there is no magic or pixie dust there.:confused3

AKK

Unless you have a way of communicating with him from beyond the grave, your authority and conviction means nothing.

Oh and the end of the post I quoted, that was an attack.

Isn't it amazing how much $$$ people will spend to get multi-day park hoppers so they can go to all the parks, when it is clear to all that neither Epcot, DHS nor AK have "magic" or "pixie dust". Next time I am in line for Soarin', I am going to scream at the top of my lungs for the 90 minutes worth of people in front of me to get the heck out of the park, because there is no magic or pixie dust there.:confused3

:thumbsup2

Saw a good analogy on another forum which I believe applies. "Be our guest will be the public Club 33 of the Magic Kingdom for people that wish to imbibe".

AKK

This just cracks me up. How could you possibly know what he might have wanted. Had he lived he could have easily changed his mind to allow alcohol into the park. For all we know the day before he died he had changed his mind but never got a chance to say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter