Alaskan photography question

simbasmom2

Just waitin around till boarding time!
Hello! We are planning on booking a private session of photography for our Alaskan cruise for our daughter's senior pictures. Which day should I book? It's just an hour I believe. So what TOD would be best? Is their a scenic view everyday or just Tracy Arm day? I would like some taken inside the ship, but mostly outside. I just don't know what to expect since we have never been on an Alaskan cruise yet. Thanks!

Tracy was super crowded in the beginning but closer to 430 there were hardly anyone there. The scenery is just beautiful on Tracy Arm day that is also a super busy day for the photo team. If you do it you might want to do it later in the day. Skagway has a long port time too. The ship was pretty quiet until almost 3 pm when we were there.

I wouldn't book it while the ship is in port. It was beautiful cruising through the inner passage. If you scheduled it on Tracy Arm day, they might have a place they could take you to get pictures quickly and out of the way. You may not go there if conditions aren't good, but they will try to take you to a different glacier.

If it helps we were married on the first sea day of our Alaskan cruise. Our wedding was 5:30 pm that day and the timing was absolutely perfect! We had just entered the inside passage and we were surrounded by mountains. I would recommend trying to capture that background. Tracy Arm is also amazing, but it's harder to get free deck space for photography with the backgrounds. I have attached a picture so you can see what the inside passage looks like.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter