Alaskan Adventures on the Wonder! June 3,2013-FE info post #61!

Hi, didn't realize this was you. Hope we don't have to cancel. We need 5 more people by May 3 if we want what I have dicussed with DCL. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks Michelle

Not sure what to do. Keeping my fingers crossed Keep advertising on both Facebook and the DIS. 5 is not many. Not sure if there are other cruise groups on different boards who would be interested. Maybe some of the other Dis'rs or Facebook group have ideas.

Not sure what to do. Keeping my fingers crossed Keep advertising on both Facebook and the DIS. 5 is not many. Not sure if there are other cruise groups on different boards who would be interested. Maybe some of the other Dis'rs or Facebook group have ideas.

Spoke to another DCL event rep. today about are possible problem and he will get back to me. Soon I hope. Glad your keeping you fingers crossed, mine are also along with my toes LOL. Thanks Michelle

But then if there is a change, everyone has to come by my door just to check. It could be a family that didn't attend is one that had a change. It's a lot easier if they just send someone to the meet. Once the cruise gets going it's hard to find time to go do stuff like that!

And yes, the last time I upgraded I ran around and gave notes to all the cabins that didn't attend the meet. At least one didn't see it and delivered to my old cabin, who kept the gifts. :sad1: Oh well!

Sounds good. When is the last day for the FE so we can have a final count. Thanks Michelle

Hi, We're in for this cruise. Longtime reader, first time poster. It will be myself, DH, and DS4x2. First cruise for all of us but we are Disney regulars. Really looking forward to Alaska.

Hi, We're in for this cruise. Longtime reader, first time poster. It will be myself, DH, and DS4x2. First cruise for all of us but we are Disney regulars. Really looking forward to Alaska.

Are you interested in attending the Glacier Gathering event Champagne Tasting $20 pp. Price on board for this type of tasting has increased to $30pp but we had planned this prior to the change and it will be a private event. Thanks hope to hear from you soon. Michelle

Sounds good. When is the last day for the FE so we can have a final count. Thanks Michelle

Last day to sign up will be on Friday, May 3!
I will update the final list on Saturday, and send out to everyone. Then a week or so afterwards I will send out a deck plan with all the participating cabins highlighted. Makes it easier to find your way to each cabin! I always package mine by deck in a plastic grocery sack with the deck plan inside. Then I can deliver one deck at a time if I want, or send my kids to deliver one deck while I do another. I'll try to remember to bring extra deck plans to the meet just in case anyone forgets theirs!

Michelle, I hope we can get the last couple people signed up for the Glacier Gathering. I sure am looking forward to it! What a great way to end what I am sure will be a fab-u-lous cruise!

Christine

Hello everyone,

This is our first Disney Cruise and our first Alaskan Cruise, we are super excited but I'm not sure what I need to do. lol I found this website and was hoping for some help on everything. :) My Name is Cassandra, also going is my hubby Chad and our 3 boys Cameron (11) Caleb (8) and Colten (2 1/2) and my mom and brother. There is so much information out there and I feel lost and want to make sure I have everything for my trip.
Thanks,
Cassandra

I read that the DCL rep had told someone that people are welcome to dress as Pixar characters if they would like.

From what I gather there is a special Taste of Alaska menu but don't know if that replaces the menu typically done on Pirate night or if it just replaces something else. I would think that it will replace the Pirates night menu but who knows at this point.

Hello Everyone!

Just discovered you all. We will be sailing with you very soon (Me, Hubby, our 2 girls, 8 and 5, and hubby's parents) and we are so super very excited. I asked the moms panel a few weeks ago about Pixar/Pirate night. Yeah. no pirate night. They said they dont expect people to go all out like for Pirate night but do expect some fun stuff. I am trying to decide if we can round up some costumes or something for this. I really want to. We will at least do something. Also in my discovery I found out about this whole FE thing. I really want to do it but since I am brand new can't figure out how. If someone could help that would be great. I need to call my inlaws to see if they will be up for it. Thanks! We'll see you in Vancouver!

Ahh...I'm having so much trouble figuring out what to pack for this cruise! I've searched packing lists for Alaska...but many are for later in the summer. I just want to know what others are ACTUALLY putting in their suitcases for this trip. Do I need a fleece? How thick? I have a waterproof jacket with a zip-out lining, but would a spring jacket be more practical? Jeans? Capris? Short sleeves? Long Sleeves?

I'm the type of person who "runs warm"--so I'm in capris at home in Ohio when it hits 68 degrees and sunny.

Last day to sign up will be on Friday, May 3!
I will update the final list on Saturday, and send out to everyone. Then a week or so afterwards I will send out a deck plan with all the participating cabins highlighted. Makes it easier to find your way to each cabin! I always package mine by deck in a plastic grocery sack with the deck plan inside. Then I can deliver one deck at a time if I want, or send my kids to deliver one deck while I do another. I'll try to remember to bring extra deck plans to the meet just in case anyone forgets theirs!

Michelle, I hope we can get the last couple people signed up for the Glacier Gathering. I sure am looking forward to it! What a great way to end what I am sure will be a fab-u-lous cruise!

Christine

HI,

I wanted to get in on the fish extender exchange. I just found out about all this yesterday and I am so glad I am not too late. Since I just signed up I don't have many posts and can't send you a private message to get in on it. Please let me know if there is something else you need from me. We are in 2538. It is myself, my husband and our 2 girls who are 8 and 5. (hubby's parents are also coming but wont be participating in the exchange).

Thanks!

Hi everyone, if you are on our FB you have already heard that this event is a go. Still need to firm up the details with DCL but I should hear from them soon. I will contact everyone via email with the specifics. If anyone is still interested in joining let me know. See you soon. Michelle

Hello everyone,

This is our first Disney Cruise and our first Alaskan Cruise, we are super excited but I'm not sure what I need to do. lol I found this website and was hoping for some help on everything. :) My Name is Cassandra, also going is my hubby Chad and our 3 boys Cameron (11) Caleb (8) and Colten (2 1/2) and my mom and brother. There is so much information out there and I feel lost and want to make sure I have everything for my trip.
Thanks,
Cassandra

HI,

I wanted to get in on the fish extender exchange. I just found out about all this yesterday and I am so glad I am not too late. Since I just signed up I don't have many posts and can't send you a private message to get in on it. Please let me know if there is something else you need from me. We are in 2538. It is myself, my husband and our 2 girls who are 8 and 5. (hubby's parents are also coming but wont be participating in the exchange).

Thanks!

Welcome!! :cheer2:

You can get enough private messages by I think posting on the technical board. I will need from you:

Names of everyone and ages of kids, cabin, hometown, and email address.

FE basics:
You'll need something to "be" the FE. There are pocket style FE's, some use a bag. Just be sure it's not too big (wide). I have pockets with names for each person in my family, but you don't have to do that. My kids like seeing "their" stuff in their pocket! My friend and I made an FE for her family using little felt bags that we got at Michael's. We cut off the front handle and attached them to the bag above, and added stickers/patches for each "pocket". I know there are some no-sew FE directions somewhere around the boards too!

What to give?
There's a big thread with lots of homemade gifts. You could give things specific to your hometown (I myself love those kind of gifts). Door magnets, books, things specific to the cruise or ports. There's no pirate party this time so it makes it a little different.

Ok so I am going to try to get enough posts so I can send you a private message. Thanks for the reply I am super excited. Only one month until we fly out! whoohoo.

Ok so I am going to try to get enough posts so I can send you a private message. Thanks for the reply I am super excited. Only one month until we fly out! whoohoo.

I got it! I'll update the list tomorrow and email it out this weekend!

I got it! I'll update the list tomorrow and email it out this weekend!

HI. Just wanted to check to see if you sent an email out. I did not receive one so I wanted to make sure. If you have not sent it yet that is fine. I am sure are busy. If you have let me know and I will PM you to check my info. I am just excited and want to shop for everyone. :cool1:

Thanks!

Hi! I was just referred over to this site today and hoping we can still join your FE group??? We would love to participate as this would be our first time. If you can get us in it would be much appreciated!

Hi! I was just referred over to this site today and hoping we can still join your FE group??? We would love to participate as this would be our first time. If you can get us in it would be much appreciated!

Hi I just sent Silly Little Pixie a message by FB regarding your ? about FE. We are also hosting a Champagne Tasting for the group called Glacier Gathering are you interested? Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter