Alaskan Adventures on the Wonder! June 3,2013-FE info post #61!

With our booking window coming up, I'm really confused as to when to book at night at Palo without missing a special menu in the MDR's. This is my first time on the Wonder, so I'd like to experience all the restaurants--but I want to try Palo, too. Any suggestion for which night to book?

With our booking window coming up, I'm really confused as to when to book at night at Palo without missing a special menu in the MDR's. This is my first time on the Wonder, so I'd like to experience all the restaurants--but I want to try Palo, too. Any suggestion for which night to book?

I'm wondering, too!

Getting excited...booked our flights today!! :cool1: We are flying into Seattle, will stay over night in Seattle then take the QuickShuttle on Sunday morning to Vancouver. We looked at flying directly into Vancouver but it was hundreds and hundreds more. Wayyyy more than the cost of the shuttle for us. Plus, we've never been to Seattle so we can add that to our adventure.

Christine

I also contacted Quick Shuttle via email since their Summer 2013 times are not yet posted. This is what I got back:

Hi,

The summer schedule will be posted by March 15th, 2013.

The non official times right now depart Seatac at 6:30am, 8:30am 10:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm 6:10pm and a bonus bus on Fri, Sat and Sun at 2:30pm.

The times returning from the Cruise ship terminal depart at 9:15am and 10:45am. There is a bonus departure on Fri, Sat Sun at 9:00am, this bus is an express bus from the pier.

Travel time is approximately 4 1/2 to 5 hours in each direction depending on the time at Customs.

Regards,

Reservations

They were really fast! I also emailed them with the address of one of the hotels we are considering in Vancouver, and they drop off at the hotel next door so that is great.

I also contacted Quick Shuttle via email since their Summer 2013 times are not yet posted. This is what I got back:

Hi,

The summer schedule will be posted by March 15th, 2013.

The non official times right now depart Seatac at 6:30am, 8:30am 10:00am, 1:30pm, 4:00pm 6:10pm and a bonus bus on Fri, Sat and Sun at 2:30pm.

The times returning from the Cruise ship terminal depart at 9:15am and 10:45am. There is a bonus departure on Fri, Sat Sun at 9:00am, this bus is an express bus from the pier.

Travel time is approximately 4 1/2 to 5 hours in each direction depending on the time at Customs.

Regards,

Reservations

They were really fast! I also emailed them with the address of one of the hotels we are considering in Vancouver, and they drop off at the hotel next door so that is great.
Hi Christine, I am going to post the event on the thread. Can you add a short note to your first post on page one to have people refer to the appropriate post # and page ( think it will be on Page 6 ) for any new people. If that is possible. Thanks Michelle

Hi everyone, I am planning a special adult only Champagne Tasting Event on board the Wonder. It will be limited to the first 30 people. At this point we have 16 people that plan to attend. At this time cost will be $20 per person and DCL will charge the cost to your cabins. I am also hoping to have an extra magic moment. Alaskan theme head wear encouraged : ). The specific date and time will be announced as soon as I have been notified by DCL. If you are interested please email me at TetraultMS@aol.com
Hope to see you real soon!! Michelle

Hi Christine, I am going to post the event on the thread. Can you add a short note to your first post on page one to have people refer to the appropriate post # and page ( think it will be on Page 6 ) for any new people. If that is possible. Thanks Michelle

Done! ::yes::

Does anyone know if we can mail packages to the port in Vancouver? Similar to what we can do at Port Canaveral.

That, AND...

Anyone know if there is a florist/gift basket place we can use like The Perfect Gift in Port Canaveral? I would like to order some flowers for my cabin, and maybe a gift basket for my kids' cabin, but the ones on DCL's website aren't that appealing. I think I'll ask this on the Vancouver thread as well.

Can't help on the gift basket or shipping question, unfortunately. I have a question myself.

I booked my family's flights a few weeks ago. We/I decided to bite the bullet and just fly direct into Vancouver. I shudder to look at my CC statement now :faint: We're flying in on the 1st, so I'm looking forward to a day in Vancouver to tour around.

I also booked the train/dogsled/bus tour through Chilkoot Charters in Skagway and our private whale watching tour with Rum Runner.

The only thing left to really book (aside from the DCL stuff in a few days) is our hotel stays. I'm desperate to stay at the Pan Pacific, but the price right now is out of my league. I've been getting a lot of tips on how to get it on Hotwire, but it appears you have to check it daily--and several times a day--in order to catch a deal. I've signed up for their newsletter and such, but nothing has come out so far for deals.

My question is, where is everyone staying pre and post cruise? For our post-cruise stay (we're staying an extra night and flying out the next morning) I'd like to be close to the airport--a resort has been recommended called the Sandman, I think. Anyone staying there or have stayed there?

Can't help on the gift basket or shipping question, unfortunately. I have a question myself.

I booked my family's flights a few weeks ago. We/I decided to bite the bullet and just fly direct into Vancouver. I shudder to look at my CC statement now :faint: We're flying in on the 1st, so I'm looking forward to a day in Vancouver to tour around.

I also booked the train/dogsled/bus tour through Chilkoot Charters in Skagway and our private whale watching tour with Rum Runner.

The only thing left to really book (aside from the DCL stuff in a few days) is our hotel stays. I'm desperate to stay at the Pan Pacific, but the price right now is out of my league. I've been getting a lot of tips on how to get it on Hotwire, but it appears you have to check it daily--and several times a day--in order to catch a deal. I've signed up for their newsletter and such, but nothing has come out so far for deals.

My question is, where is everyone staying pre and post cruise? For our post-cruise stay (we're staying an extra night and flying out the next morning) I'd like to be close to the airport--a resort has been recommended called the Sandman, I think. Anyone staying there or have stayed there?

We seem to be following the same plan as you. We are flying in on the 1st and staying one more day. My birthday is the 10th and I don't want to stress trying to make a flight.

I looked at hotels on hotels.com for some background. Haven't settled on a place yet, so I am interested in the responses also.

We seem to be following the same plan as you. We are flying in on the 1st and staying one more day. My birthday is the 10th and I don't want to stress trying to make a flight.

I looked at hotels on hotels.com for some background. Haven't settled on a place yet, so I am interested in the responses also.

We have not settled on a hotel yet either. I would love to get a good deal on something near the port. $300/night is not going to cut it, not with the cost of excursions for 4 of us!! I have never used Hotwire, but may try it if I think I can get a good deal on the Pan Pacific.

We just booked our first cruise this past weekend and we are all so excited! It will be myself, DH, DS(14), and DS(12). We are undecided on the FE at this time. I will let you know as I find out more about it!

Jenna

We just booked our first cruise this past weekend and we are all so excited! It will be myself, DH, DS(14), and DS(12). We are undecided on the FE at this time. I will let you know as I find out more about it!

Jenna

Welcome to our cruise thread, and welcome to the DIS!:welcome:

BTW, Silver CC folks, anyone having problems checking in? I keep getting an error message that it's unavailable at this time. Grr. Also, it was slim pickings for Palo meals. I managed to get brunch on the last sea day, and while I didn't want to do Palo dinner the night before, it was all that was available. I wish they'd indicate what menu is each night.

OrcaPotter said:
Welcome to our cruise thread, and welcome to the DIS!:welcome:

BTW, Silver CC folks, anyone having problems checking in? I keep getting an error message that it's unavailable at this time. Grr. Also, it was slim pickings for Palo meals. I managed to get brunch on the last sea day, and while I didn't want to do Palo dinner the night before, it was all that was available. I wish they'd indicate what menu is each night.

Did not have any problems checking in, but later I signed back in, it crashed then all day could not get back in because I was modify the reservation. Everything is goog now. Got my palo brunch and the excursions the family wanted. Note family wanted! Not the ones I wanted :(

Hey I posted this on the FB page as well- let's plan a DisMeet on sailaway day, 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge.

Those that have kids it's a great way for them to "meet" other kids before hitting the clubs. And us adults can plan on any other meets before excursions, tastings, etc. :thumbsup2 Plus it's just a nice way to put faces to the names.

We just booked a special helicopter tour through Coastal Helicopters for the Juneau stop on 6/7. This tour is a 3-1/2 tour that consists of a helicopter ride to have an hour long dogsled experience AND a 20 minute landing on an icefield. Normally, companies only offer one or the other. In order for us to be guaranteed the icefield landing, all riders in the helicopter have to agree. There are only 4 in our family (my DH and I plus our 2 very well behaved boys, 12 & 14) and the helicopter seats 6. The total cost per person would be $545. If you or someone you know would be interested in joining our family for this tour, please PM me and I can give you more information. We would love to know we are guaranteed both landings!

Thanks!
Jenna :tinker:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter