Alaska

jrm11697

Mouseketeer
Some of our friends have invited us on a cruise to Alaska from Seattle in July 2012. It leaves on July 23, 2012. What is the weather like? Obviously, its not gonna be warm like in Florida, but is it around 60 F? Does it rain a lot. It will either be this or Caribbean on Fantasy from PC.

I've cruised to Alaska in late May, early June, and late July. The ports might be in the 60s or higher, but it will be much colder while the ship is moving and while you're close to a glacier. It can rain a lot, but there's no way to predict the weather.

I didn't think much of the Wonder's Alaska itinerary this summer, but I think even less of next year's itinerary from Seattle. If it were me, I would choose another cruise line for Alaska - unless you just have to sail with DCL.

Some of our friends have invited us on a cruise to Alaska from Seattle in July 2012. It leaves on July 23, 2012. What is the weather like? Obviously, its not gonna be warm like in Florida, but is it around 60 F? Does it rain a lot. It will either be this or Caribbean on Fantasy from PC.

One thing you can count on when cruising where ever you go is that no matter what the average yearly weather might be, mother nature gets the last word. We did a Northern Baltic last year, planned on cool weather, and had a heat wave for the entire 12 days that lasted all summer in the Baltic.

Florida, Bahamas, Caribbean, in July? Hurricane season!! Very unpredictable June 1 to Nov. 1! So, I suggest that you go where you would most like to see the sights and the weather should be the least concern. As the date of the trip approaches, just pack according to upcoming extended forecast. :thumbsup2

I didn't think much of the Wonder's Alaska itinerary this summer, but I think even less of next year's itinerary from Seattle. If it were me, I would choose another cruise line for Alaska - unless you just have to sail with DCL.[/QUOTE]

We just got back from our cruise to Alaska and since we had never been there before, we felt the itinerary gave us a great "taste" of Alaska. I was concerned that we were not going to Glacier Bay, but after going to Tracy Arm and the trip to get to it, I thought it was fabulous. I really thought that was the highlight of the trip.

Now we will plan a future trip which takes us farther north and into the interior ( Denali).

We just got back from our cruise to Alaska and since we had never been there before, we felt the itinerary gave us a great "taste" of Alaska. I was concerned that we were not going to Glacier Bay, but after going to Tracy Arm and the trip to get to it, I thought it was fabulous. I really thought that was the highlight of the trip.

Now we will plan a future trip which takes us farther north and into the interior ( Denali).

We feel exactly the same way.

We were on the May 17 sailing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter