Alaska Toy Story Menu ?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Cdaub, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Cdaub

Cdaub Mouseketeer

It doesn't look that appealing to me. Can anyone that has had it tell me their thoughts, what they ordered, liked, etc? Thanks!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. modisneychick

modisneychick Mouseketeer

We just returned, and unfortunately, I have to say I really didn't like it. My family enjoyed The Prospector appetizer. I say book Palo for this night as there is really nothing special going on at dinner.

4. smoof

smoof <font color=magenta>I've earned my ears!!!<br><fon

:confused3 I really missed Pirate Night, and the Toy Story menu didn't really help. I can't say it was bad, but it just wasn't as fun as Pirate Night. It wasn't really special. The menu was 3D and you got 3D glasses with it!

5. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

I wasnt a fan of the whole evening... the food was just okay, didnt like the show, and the Pixar party was pretty lame... then no food or buffet afterwards..... DCL needs to put more into this night.

I agree... do Palo that night!!!

6. Chiasgirl

Chiasgirl Mouseketeer

We thought the food was fine but it didn't really feel like a special night. The serving team wore black tuxedo jackets with bow ties that looked like they were made of bandanas. It almost seemed like DCL didn't want to commit to costumes until they decided if it was worth keeping...
    We also felt that the Pixar Party was at a ridiculous time. It was at 1015 Alaskan time which is 215 in the morning if you are from the East coast or even 1115 if you are from the West coast. It seemed very late for the kids...

7. emilyann415

emilyann415 DIS Veteran

I TOTALLY agree with this. My DS is 2.5 and LOVES Woody and Buzz, but staying up past 10pm for this is probably going to be impossible and we'll pay for it the next day. Really wish is was even an hour earlier!

8. jrosstrinity

jrosstrinity Earning My Ears

I'm on the July 29th Alaskan cruise. Where can I find the Toy Story menu....or ANY of the menus for this year's Alaska cruises?:confused3

9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/

10. jrosstrinity

jrosstrinity Earning My Ears

Thanks for the link....much appreciated!

11. Silverfox97

Silverfox97 PLATINUM Castaway Club

Scott has them on his blog (including the Toy Story Menu) with the exception of the Taste of Alaska menu; maybe someone has pics of that one. The rotational menus are the same no matter the ship destination.

Here's the Alaska rotation:

Night 1: Rotational
    Night 2: Golden Mickeys
    Night 3: Rotational
    Night 4: Rotational
    Night 5: Toy Story
    Night 6: Taste of Alaska
    Night 7: 'Til We Meet Again

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

12. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

I agree- there is no way my kids can make it this long- they normally go to bed at 7:00 sharp but I am going to have to let that go on the cruise. But- after 10:00- I can't even imagine what would happen the next day! They have never once been up past 8 and only past 7:30 a handful of times!

13. clten

clten DIS Veteran

We did the pacific coast cruise and they started the Pixar Pals Party on that cruise. On that cruise the atrium party (which I thought was a mess trying to cram everyone in that small area) was held at 7:30 - in between the show and dinner for everyone. Then on the first Alaskan cruise they moved it to late - after the late dinner/show. Didn't understand why they moved it.

14. Mackie Mouse

Mackie Mouse Even my dog loves Disney

Just for perspective, playing devil's advocate here....the Pirate Night fireworks on both our previous cruises happened at about 9:45 PM, with the party to follow.... so 10:15 is not much later.

15. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

True, but it needs to be dark to see the fireworks. The Pixar Pals Party is inside, so that doesn't matter. Maybe they're waiting til later so more kids will be in bed and the atrium will be less crowded. :rolleyes1

16. Ellester

Ellester DIS Veteran

We could do 9:45 Eastern time. I think 10:15 Alaska time will be too late for my kiddos. It's 4 hours later than our home time, making it feel like 2:15am. Even giving us a few days to adjust to the time change, I think it will be just too extreme. But, it is vacation, so we'll see if they are up to it!

17. travellingwithnikki

travellingwithnikki I've visited every Disney Park in the world!

I have photos of all the current Alaska menus and all the Navigators - I'll probably get them uploaded later this week.

18. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

It was changed so the characters could have a bit of a rest between The Toy Story the Musical stage show and the Pixar Pals party in the atrium. The poor characters didn't have time to rest a bit when the Pixar Pals party was held at 7:30 and the 2 stage shows being at 6:15 and 8:15.

19. jilljill

jilljill <font color=blue>Collects Disney men!<br><font col

The shrimp and scallop pasta dish was very good.

20. mom2twokids

mom2twokids Mouseketeer

We just got off today and the Toy story menu was the worst menu in my opinion. We had a hard time finding anything to eat that night.
    They did change up the party a bit. We had two parties. One at 4:30 and one at 10:15 (I think that was the time). It was poorly organized but hopefully they fix those kind of things for the cruises coming up.

21. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

ooooh a 4:30 party would be great!