Alaska or Mexican Riviera?

Alaska in the Summer or Mexican Riviera near Xmas

• Alaska in the 1 part of June - Ocean View room

• Mexican Riviera 2nd week of xmas w/veranda and Disneyland for 3 days

• Other - please give me your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disneyhenry

DisneyRosie
1st part of June for the Alaskan Cruise or 2nd week in December for Mexican Riviera and hit Disneyland for 3 day before our cruise?
DH DS age 3 and me

I was going to say Alaska, but I don't really think a 3-year-old would appreciate Alaska. Disneyland and the Mexican Riviera is probably a better fit.

Sayhello

Alaska....unless you think you would do it later on another cruise line...or are willing to gamble with DCL going back there each year.

And Mom....a cruise is way easier with a little one than the parks are, IMHO.

That's my vote.

Alaska....unless you think you would do it later on another cruise line...or are willing to gamble with DCL going back there each year.

And Mom....a cruise is way easier with a little one than the parks are, IMHO.

That's my vote.
Ditto!

Depends on if you're into the beach scene. The MR is great for water sports -- tho your son might enjoy them more when he's older. Early December would be a good time to see the Christmas decorations/activities at DLR. Much better than the crowded(!) week between Christmas and New Year's. Your son would probubbly enjoy DLR more than Alaska. tho there's plenty for him to do on the ship during either cruise.

Personally we love Alaska so we can cool off in the summer.

Either cruise would be great -- choose one for now, then do the other one later. ;)

There really aren't any "tame" enough beaches for a small child on the Mexican Riviera. The one place that does have a nice area for kids is the excursion to Las Caletas. You just can't trust the waves in Cabo....and for kids, there isn't much to do in Mazatlan, either.

The Mexican Riviera will be there in 20 years--the glaciers, it's hard to tell. I vote Alaska (and with my dollars, too--we're leaving in 79 days).

It really depends on what type of vacation you want. We are from WA like you, so we wanted sunny and warm. We wanted to swim and enjoy the beaches. For us, Alaska sounds beautiful but after 23 years in the Pacific Northwest a warm vacation sounded better. Also, who wouldn't want 3 days in Disneyland? We did 2 days in DL before our MR cruise and it was so great! Even with the Wonder coming to Seattle, I am still going to head back to the MR next year. This time with just my sister. Can't wait! Good luck with your decision, you will have fun no matter what you choose. The Wonder is an amazing ship!

Definitely Alaska, although I don't care for DCL's itinerary in 2012. I am going on my 4th Alaska cruise in August. After one Mexican Riviera cruise, I can say I've done it - although going to Disneyland post-cruise was the highlight!

We are from Seattle, so we prefer vacationing somewhere warmer! We did the MR last February and loved it. I love the cruise at Christmas because you will get to escape our cold, dark, wet winter days for sun warmth and sunshine. Plus Disneyland at Christmas, though crowded, is magical. For us, we'd go Christmas cruise all the way! I do think it is cool that the Wonder will be docked less than 15 minutes from my house, and I can't wait to go down to the pier to see the Wonder, but I would definitely go for the warmer, christmas option. Good luck with your decision!

I voted MR.

We went to Alaska and did our own itinerary for 10 nights. Spent as much time as we wanted in each location doing what we wanted. River rafting, ocean wildlife tour, three night at Kantishna Road House in Denali National Park, not getting in part way than leaving several hours later. Alaska railroad to get to Denali. I can't imagine going to Alaska spending very little time at each destination. Another reason I won't cruise Hawaii, nine nights at sea and five? nights in Hawaii.

I voted MR I would want the warmer climate and hitting up DL is an added bonus! I haven't even been on my Alaska cruise yet and I'm looking at maybe booking an MR for early next year while on board... I would have chosen MR over Alaska myself but this cruise is a gift, a VERY nice one that I totally appreciate, but it wouldn't have been my first choice :upsidedow

We did the Mexican Riviera itinerary the first year DCL went in 2005 but wasn't impressed with the beaches (or the ports in general) at all. We could say we've done it...but really won't go there again. Caribbean destinations are waaaay better.

We are going to Alaska this summer because our kids are older now and we think they will appreciate it more.

With your DS being 3, a beach destination is probably better but we'd advice the Caribbean rather than the Mexican Riviera.

We've cruised to both AK and MR. AK was not on Disney, but Holland America (using our DVC points) and MR was on Disney this April.

While the weather in Mexico was nice, the port stops were much to short and the ship was late for every port, including returning to LA.

AK is a place that is so utterly beautiful, I feel it is a place everyone should visit during their lifetimie. The scenery is indescriable. I have pictures that had I not taken myself, I would swear they weren't real.

I voted for Alaska!

This is still a very hard choice to make, Alaska looks beautiful and not having to buy air would be great ( we live just south of Seattle ) but MR sounds fun and a DL visit while it is decorated as Christmas is wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter