• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alaska...May 3 Trip Report...here it is with a link to PICTURES!!

Leaving June 7th to Alaska. Can't wait for a report. Let us know about the weather. I've always done WARM Disney cruise trips, so packing for this one is a huge question mark. Layers, shorts? Swim suit?

Welcome back from your cruise!:sail:I've been reading blogs from some of your fellow passengers, they sound "Wonder"ful and the pictures I've seen are fantastic. We set sail on June 7th, in 4 weeks, yay! :cool1: Can't wait to read your trip report. :flower3:

Welcome back from your cruise!:sail:I've been reading blogs from some of your fellow passengers, they sound "Wonder"ful and the pictures I've seen are fantastic. We set sail on June 7th, in 4 weeks, yay! :cool1: Can't wait to read your trip report. :flower3:

Where are the blogs, I am dying to read them!

subbing... the weather is the only thing that has me in panic, i can visit cold, i just don't know how cold i can go... :confused3

going forward to your report

Okay, I will not have time to do a full trip report as planned as some life is getting in the way!! BUT, I will give you some abbreviated stuff and stuff you may not see on the numerous blogs about this trip...I will give you Alaska Cruise specific stuff not cruise or Wonder specifics...sorry.

We showed up to board at 1:30pm. We weren't supposed to board until 3pm. Needless to say, we walked right on...no numbers, no lines, no nothing. We took a cab from the airport which was where we stayed the night before. It took around 30 minutes and cost us $40 with tip. We were supposed to be in a porthole room on deck 2 and ended up in a BIG HUGE veranda room on deck 8....SWEET!!!!! It was an awesome room, 8538, with a huge steamer trunk and more drawers and shelf space than I have ever had on the Wonder. We brought lots of beer and liquor on with us and drank it all!! We did drink from the bars too...sorry for those who are ANTI, but we are big drinkers!

We had a late breakfast so we didn't eat when we boarded so I can't comment on that. The weather was beautiful upon embarkation and for the sail away. It was around 50 degrees and I wore a lined spring type jacket (rainproof from Lands End!!) with a sweater underneath. PLENTY warm but I am not a usually cold person. The sail away is beautiful...don't miss it!!

Tracy Arm Day...I didn't think this would be such a big deal. Needless to say, DH and I had a morning spa treatment and won a round of bingo and met actress Elizabeth Mitchell (from Lost and ER...and she is in a new movie too). And around 1pm, went up on deck and never left...it was amazing. Beautiful. There was supposed to be narration but we didn't hear any. We were on deck 9, deck 10, in Cove Cafe...on our veranda, on the "secret" deck 7....we never stopped watching it all until it was all over. Amazing. One of the best parts of the trip. They did have a BBQ grill for lunch where they served (in addition to the normal lunch buffet in Beach Blanket) baked potatos, salmon, ribeyes, venison sausage and some really awesome pretzel bread. They are still working on the BBQ...it was a little rough going. The ribeyes were pretty good but the sausage had an ODD sweet flavor. Didn't like it...didn't hear that anyone did. Anyway, beautiful, beautiful day!!

It was pretty cool up on deck. I wore the same jacket all week with a hooded sweatshirt and at some points I needed a hat and gloves. This is what I would recommend for everyone in addition to a poncho and umbrella. It rains a lot in Alaska. I did not need the poncho but I heard that I got lucky with the weather. I did use the umbrella in Vancouver as well as in Skagway for part of the day.

Just a comment on the dining rooms...I will review the "new" menus later...but we found the food to be fresher, hotter and just downright better this cruise than on our previous 2 cruises on the Wonder. We also had FANTASTIC servers!! Banjo and Eder...SUPER fast and efficient!! We also got a special plate of curry from our Head Server upon our request!! AWESOME!!! We were able to get a Palo dinner but never did get a brunch or tea ressie. I felt sad at first because this would have been the first time for either of those but I never went hungry or felt like there weren't TONS of great food choices!!

More later.....

WOW great info!! Thanks so much! I've been watching to see when you'd post. Hope all is well with the family situation! Any chance to see more pics? When I saw that picture of that actress I was like.....HEY I know her from Lost! Very cool you got a chance to meet her.....lucky lucky lucky YOU totally awesome upgrade....major pixie dust there!

Yes, I will be posting more pictures soon and I will put the link on everytime I update..okay??

Anyway, entertainment....BINGO was too fun. Not because DCL repeats the same bad jokes over and over but because I won...TWICE!!! I never win anything! After day one, I gave up on poke and fold because I can't drink, talk and play effectively!! So, I switched to electronic handset. I played 4 times and won $498 total!!! Hooray!! Like a drop in the bucket!! We never saw a single stage show. I know, lame. We were always too busy doing other things!! We did see all of the adult exclusive entertainment though. First up, Ricky Kalmon. Awesome. He is a hypnotist. Now, I went up to be hypnotised, no go. But others were and it was hilarious. I am a skeptic but it was entertaining anyway. After that, John Charles, musician/comedian. Funny. Great guitar player. Decent singer. Jokes for the "older" set and I mean...older than me which is 43! I enjoyed him though. Next up, Dan Dunn Paintjam...painter comedian. You must google him if you have never seen him. Amazing. No words. Don't look for him in the future though...heard that was his one and only stint with DCL. And then, Michael Holly. Big. Fat. Yawn. We left early. So so so boring. One funny thing did happen in our show though and it wasn't because of him...So he goes over and ask a lady "what's your name?" She tells him and then says "yeah, I guess I should have read your name tag." Then he sees her nametag more clearly and said "What group are you with?" and she says "disboards." He says "what's that?" and a guy yells out "YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!!" The place erupts with laughter and clapping. I won't say anymore.

We saw 3 movies...Tron in 3D...Tangled in 3D (loved it!!) and I am Number 4. Not in 3D.
I love watching movies on the ship.

Also, we enjoyed 2 different spa experiences. First a pamper day special. A back of body massage, facial, scalp massage and foot & ankle massage along with champagne and treats served in the rainforest. DH and I did this. Lovely. We had Sharon and Belle. Very very good at their jobs. Then couples villa. Sweeeeet. Hot tub with AMAZING views, massage (hot stone & Bamboo...both enjoyed!) as well as a tea ceremony and alone time to enjoy the day bed and views. Same ladies as the pamper day. Wonderful.

Next up, excursions!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter