• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alaska July 23, 2012

Will you be sailing with us? So excited to be going to Alaska!

We will be on this sailing. It will be me, DH and DD who will be 14 at sailing. We are excited for this cruise as we live 30 minutes from the port and we love the Wonder as we have sailed it twice before.

The itinerary is not the best, but my daughter will only be happy cruising to Alaska on a Disney ship. Which means a happier cruise for Mom and Dad:lmao:

Thanks for starting this thread, Purdue Mouse:thumbsup2

We will be on this sailing. It will be me, DH and DD who will be 14 at sailing. We are excited for this cruise as we live 30 minutes from the port and we love the Wonder as we have sailed it twice before.

The itinerary is not the best, but my daughter will only be happy cruising to Alaska on a Disney ship. Which means a happier cruise for Mom and Dad:lmao:

Thanks for starting this thread, Purdue Mouse:thumbsup2

I'm happy to be on the boat too. The port stops are too short though!:sad:

We're booked for this trip too! It will be our first time cruising. My DH spent a couple of summers in AK when he was in college and has always wanted to take the kids there. This is the perfect way to do it! I also wish the port times were a bit longer, but I bet the views on most days will be fabulous. I'm sure we'll still feel like we're in AK even when we're on the ship.

I do believe we will be on this trip (just waiting for my mom's final ok). It'll be me, dh and dd(5 then) and ds (7 then) and my mom aka grandma.

This is my first Disney cruise, and 7th overall having been on Norwegian, Royal Carribbean and others. Dh's 2nd cruise and mom's 3rd.

It'll be soooo nice to get out of Phoenix's 114 degree weather to Alaska!

Thanks Purduemouse for starting this thread. DH is from Indiana.

Bon Voyage everyone!

Welcome aboard dismagiclover and Cagirl767. The excitement will start to build more after the Christmas holidays although I sometimes feel the urge to start packing. It's sooooo long to wait!:sad2:

Hi

We may be joining you. Booked on board the Magic a few weeks ago.

My Otherhalf and our daughter, who will be 7 when we sail.

I personally have always wanted to go to Alaska, OH loves watching all those Alaskan programmes on TV, you know the ones, truckers, deadliest catch, Airport type things!! :happytv:

We are hoping to tie in with friends in California and then go up to Seattle, but have no idea how to go about this. If the $ rate doesn't improve, we may just fly direct.

I need to start looking at flights etc., to find out how much it is all going to cost :confused3

Kate

Just an FYI, that we will be on the July 2 instead.

Bon Voyage everyone!

We just booked to go on this cruise along with 3 other families. We have 2 adults and 2 children (both boys ages 5 and 2). So excited! I talked to another family that just went on this cruise (sailing from Vancouver) and they had a blast! Is this the board to talk about exchanges (their kids loved getting gifts in their fish extenders!).

Yes. We can start an FE list but I don't know how to set it up.
If anyone knows how to do a google spread sheet, let me know.

Hi

After looking at flights which are scarily expensive to Seattle from the UK, we have decided to cancel this cruise.

Hope to get to Alaska at some point, needless to say we are all a bit disappointed but still have another 2012 booked at the end of the year!

Have a great trip everyone.

Kate

We're booked on this Alaskan cruise!
It'll be me, DH and DS12 (at time of sailing). We're in a secret porthole room. Don't know much about the FE program but would be interested in participating!:)

We are on this cruise too!! We live in central IL but we are flying out of St.Louis--great rates with Alaska Airlines for 4 people....included in our party are two boys--1 who will be 13 in Feb. and 1 who will be 12 in May.

Great! I have a 13 y.o. daughter. July seems so far away....

I am hoping for better airfares out of Chicago for 4 people. So far the lowest I have seen is $199 each way / $800.

We will be joining you ... me, DH, and DD (age 6)

Is their a Fish Extender list for this cruise yet? We want in!

First cruise ever!

We are in too, 1st Disney cruise and can't wait!! It will be me, DH, DD (10) and DS (8), with more family joining us as well. We have never done fish extenders but I'm intrigued and would love to give it a try!

Also, does anyone know if there is pirate night on Alaskan cruises, even though they are not in the Caribbean?

Can't wait!!:cool1:

Hi Alaska cruisers

I started a spread sheet with the DIS names on this thread. If you want to be in the gift exchange, I need:
  • Family name (optional)
  • First names
  • Ages of children
  • Any special celebration or allergies

Hi Alaska cruisers

I started a spread sheet with the DIS names on this thread. If you want to be in the gift exchange, I need:
  • Family name (optional)
  • First names
  • Ages of children
  • Any special celebration or allergies

Oh, and I will need your cabin number when you know it. :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter