Alaska FE Ideas

scrapycruiser

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for FE ideas for our Alaska cruise next August. I've done several FEs, but this time I'd like to give something unique to Alaska. Any ideas ?

Maybe snow globes or something to do with the glaciers? Totem poles of disney characters? Glow sticks for the northern lights?

Hot chocolate mix-ins instead of "build your own sundae" toppings. You can do a small brown bag with mini marshmallows, Carmel sauce packets, mint chips, etc. maybe add some baileys or schnapps to the adult kits....

My most useful gift was gloves - given on Tracy Arm morning. Very praticle, not fancy - just the $1 ones.

I had got a great deal on binoculars (we were in a small group of 4) so I gave them on Tracy Arm morning.

My least appreciated gift was postcards from the givers home state.

Brenda
from MB

I wanted to do the customized hot chocolate idea, but we ended up being constrained on how much we could pack. I got small notebooks from the craft store and personalized them with Mickey stickers and handwritten stickers designating them as journals for their Alaska trip memories. I also ordered personalized pens from VistaPrint that had mountains on them -- I added the dates of our trips and the names of the 4 ports.

I actually liked the gifts we got from other people's home states or countries -- sometimes postcards, sometimes local candy, etc. It was fun to see all the diverse areas that our fellow Fish Extender friends were coming from. But I like the idea of doing Alaska-themed FE gifts as well.

Nancy

I always think those little bottles of booze are a good choice. Perhaps you can combine a tiny bottle of cinnamon schnapps with a packet of hot cocoa.

I didn't choose my FE gifts to be unique to Alaska per se, but suited for a cold weather cruise. I gave out cardboard type cup holders to help carry those hot chocolates and coffees and I have hand warmers that you keep in your pockets. I got a great deal on the cup holders on Ebay and got the pocket warmers off of amazon.

MND said:
I always think those little bottles of booze are a good choice. Perhaps you can combine a tiny bottle of cinnamon schnapps with a packet of hot cocoa.

Yum!
:running out to buy cinnamon schnapps:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter