Alaska Excursions..cancelled?

Dancing Mickey's

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone on recent cruises have had their excursions cancel?

We have the Dog Sleddig an Glacier Flightseeing in Skagway booked but I worry that it could cancel:confused:

It has always been something I have wanted to do...bucket list...and just wonder if I should try other options just to make sure it works out?

If you have had an excursion cancel what does Disney do?

Thanks so much for the information.

Just read about that the dog sledding tours in Alaska are the most canceled excursions due to weather limitations....Just wondered if that is happening with the Disney ones.

If they feel they have to cancel it because of weather, they will do that rather than endanger the guests. I don't know if anything specific has ended up canceled though.

If your DCL excursion is canceled you just won't have to pay for it. You can go to the Shore Excursion desk and pick out a new excursion if you like.

Yeah what with the global warming, you never know if the glacier may be gone ;)

I had a tour to go dog-sledding cancel due to visibility on the mountain when I cruised on NCL. They gave passengers the option to either receive a refund or go on a helicopter ride to a Glacier hike. I chose the glacier hike and had a blast! I'm sure Disney would do something similar.

Thanks so much for the info...hope Disney does something like that if it does have to cancel. I am all for safety first! Have more on the bucket list;)

Just read about that the dog sledding tours in Alaska are the most canceled excursions due to weather limitations....Just wondered if that is happening with the Disney ones.

I don't think cancelled tours are specific to a particular cruise line. And as with any cruise line, if weather hinders an excursion purchased through the ship, they'll offer a refund or an alternate excursion. Trust me, if the pilot doesn't want to take the helicopter up, neither do you. There's an alternate sledding experience through Alaska Excursions that offers dog sledding in a cart on grass, as opposed to a sled on ice/snow. It's a reputable company and I've heard great things about their tour. It might be something to consider as a back-up if the weather is poor. I know it's not the experience you've dreamed about, but it's a good close second if you don't think you'll be returning to Alaska any time soon. Either way, I hope you have fun on whichever tour you end up with.

So, in anyones experience...have you ever gotten all ready and then...whoops, the weather just changed gotta cancel?

Or is it more, when you wake up they make the call before they take you?

Again, all about being safe--just curiouse on how it is handled. It sounds like they try to offer up other options--which is great by me. We are on vacation, with Disney no less:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter