Alaska Cruise

we did and it was very nice. Many on here would tell you you could probably do better paying cash but we did it and my family just loved it.

We've done 4 Alaskan cruises on HAL, but not using our points. We're heading back in May for #5. There have been several threads on this. Search this forum for ALASKA.

oops - spoke too soon. I just did the search and it looks like those old threads went off to never never land when the boards were redone. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Anyway,there have been a number of us who have done the Alaskan cruises on HAL. Ask away -

bongo59 said:
we did and it was very nice. Many on here would tell you you could probably do better paying cash but we did it and my family just loved it.

Hey, if we can do it on points, that's what we plan on doing. How long ago did you do it? (I know I can probably dig out my book and look up how many points it requires, but how many points did it cost you when you went?)

We just booked using 460 points for Holland's Veendam cruise ship for Alaska July 17-24 from Vancouver to Seward. Spending an extra day in Anchorage before flying home. Been searching these boards for info and comments, also searching the net for info. in preparation for the trip. We're interested in side trips and getting info on a rental car to use from Seward and drive to Anchorage. I've heard/read nothing but great comments about the Alaskan cruise with Holland. Been on DCL twice and am anxious to compare. We are traveling with another couple who have never cruised before. If anyone has any pointers, just e-mail me. bonern1@msn.com (Cheryl)

Hi Kim -- Just wanted to say we lived in Layton for eleven years...miss the Wasatch mountains!!!

I posted some of this information before after investigating a Holland America Cruise on points. I did not want to go with the standard cabin and called DVC member service about a month ago after learning others on this board had upgraded their staterooms that they had booked on points.
I learned an upgrade to a Verandah Suite was available for cash.Member services told me that currently you get a catergory "C" stateroom with points but that I could pay from $310 to $410 per person for an upgrade to a Verandah Suite Category B stateroom. They stated that I could pay from $350 to $450 for a Verandah Suite Category A stateroom. These numbers were for all ships with the exception of the Oosterdam. The Oosterdam upgrades ranged form $110 to $500 for cabin upgrades from the
type you get with points. Hope this information is of interest to you.

I also learned from Holland America that you can book rail trips to Denali National Park and other excursions to add to your DVC/HAL cruise at http://www.grayline.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter