• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alaska Cruise advice

shslaca

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I am a first time DCL cruiser. I am going on the Alaska cruise next week with my 15mo and 6 year old kids. I desperately need advice on what to pack and what to do/see while on board and in Alaska.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

There's an excursion review thread around here somewhere, but I'd definitely suggest the Great Lumberjack Show. My DD(5) loved it! We also liked the Whitepass RR and summer dog sledding we did, totem poles and whale watching (though I'm not sure about a 15mo). You'll have a blast!

Plan to dress in layers. Take a waterproof jacket to go over the layers. The kids seemed to use the pools more than adults. The pools are heated, so maybe swim suits. We had a toddler and an infant along and did laundry in the middle. I recommend Purex 3 in 1 sheets if you want to do that. We also dressed up a little for dinners, mixing and matching so as to cut down on volume in suitcases. Camera, of course, and we used our binoculars. Have fun. It's a great trip!

Hi there! We are going on the Alaska cruise too, on the 9th. We are bringing our four kids and I have also wondered what to pack. The highs in Alaska right now are in the high 50's, so we are bringing all pants/jeans and a jacket with us. I think we will bring our swimming suits too, just in case the kids want to take a dip. I plan on doing laundry half way through the cruise (or more often if needed). We are also bringing two "dress-up" outfits for the semi-formal and formal evenings.
I would love to hear other suggestions as well!:flower3:

Hi! We leave on the Disney Cruise on the 2nd (just a few days to go!) Check our cruise thread for info, or check the cruise date if its the 9th that you are going. I am still struggling with what to pack, and we leave on Sunday!!

welcome aboard!

I recommend bringing bathing suits - although I didn't swim on our July 12 cruise - my kids did almost every day!

My recommendations would be jeans; short sleeve shirts; polar fleece pullover and a good rain jacket that can also be worn to block the wind. Layers are key.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter