ALASKA - August 30th, 2011 - Mickeys Mooseketeers & the last Alaskan Cruisade! New Th

Well, the Wonder has just pulled out of port in Ketchikan. Next stop Vancouver. It is getting closer!

Got my FE gifts ordered and they will be here next week!

Rick or Tracey did you all have any damage from the storm yesterday. ..... My heart goes out to the 5 people's famlies that were killed at the Indiana State Fair. :sad1:
Not sure if I'm the Tracey you're checking on - but we're OK here in West Lafayette - didn't even lose power, thankfully. I was actually out walking the dog just before the storm came and there was a HUGE gust of wind several minutes before the rain hit here - just like at the Fair Grounds.

We were watching TV Sat evening & the local station spent the whole evening on coverage of the stage rigging collapse - it was amazing and heartening to see how many people rushed to help those trapped under the struts & rigging.

On a cheerier note - got the main part of my FE gift finished - just need to add the finishing touches!

I e-mailed DCL to ask about the lack of Alaska merchandise on-board and this is the response I just received:

In order to provide an accurate response to your email message regarding
the availability of Alaskan merchandise on the ship, we need to conduct
additional research.

We appreciate your patience while we process your request and look
forward to contacting you shortly.

I e-mailed DCL to ask about the lack of Alaska merchandise on-board and this is the response I just received:

additional research.

PJ, they do know that we cruise in two weeks, right?:lmao::lmao::lmao: Oh, and that it is the last Alaskan cruise of the year?

additional research.

Oooh ~ sounds like a good plan - I will email them too to help them with their "research" :rotfl2:

I think the port pins that had an edition limit of 1000, so those won't be replaced. I really haven't had a lot of time to talk to Lisa this week to see what kind of response she got from DCL about the merchandise after the 7/26.
As much as I don't wanna, I may have to resort to those fiends at ebay who shopped til they dropped.:sad2:

Rick or Tracey did you all have any damage from the storm yesterday. Thankfully we didn't, I was out driving between our stores during it and it was crazy. Rick, I drove past the Shell on Bardstown Road right after the billboard fell on their canopy. Most of the power was out from downtown all the way through the Highlands. Seemed like almost every street I was looking down had massive trees blocking the roads. Alan said there are over 40 schools that don't have power right now--wonder if school will start tomorrow like it is supposed to. My heart goes out to the 5 people's famlies that were killed at the Indiana State Fair. :sad1:
Wow was under the weather :sick: over the weekend so didn't watch any tv or do my FE:sad2: but I am glad to hear that you are clear of damage and doing okay.

Glad to hear you all were okay Tracey. I knew you were in Indiana but couldn't remember what part. The storms were wicked. They delayed again the beginning of our schools until Wed. (hopefully). Pretty bad to start the school year already 2 days behind.

Hope your feeling better Piikea. But much better to be sick now than in 2 weeks. :hug:

Hopefully they give you some good news PJ. Whoever has neen running the merchandising for DCL probably needs to be replaced. They are costing them a lot of $$, with all the pin fiascos, maiden voyage merchandise and now slim pickings for the last couplw Alaska cruises.:sad2:

2 weeks!!!!! Just little things to do on my end here. Can't wait to meet everyone:)

I still need to really think about packing. I have been laying things out in a suitcase, but not really paying attention to outfits or how many of anything I have. Need to start nudging DH too.

We are flying to Seattle Saturday, Aug 27th but have a big event here the night of the 26th so we better be packed ahead of time just in case.

Is anyone bringing an umbrella?

Latest response from DCL:

Thank you for your patience while we researched your request.

I have heard back from the Merchandise Manager on the Disney Wonder.
Here is what she responded with when I asked about the availability of
Disney Cruise Line/Alaska merchandise for your cruise:

"We still have DCL/Alaska product on hand aboard the Disney Wonder. From
DCL/Alaska specific Charm Bracelets for Women to Alaska Mugs. Also, the
shops have Alaska themed plush, magnets, plates, picture frames,
clothing, etc. We even have this great Purchase with Purchase Alaska/DCL
throw blanket; when you spend $40.00, you can purchase the throw for
$29.95; it’s been a hit with our Guests."

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 for the response.

I packed a mini umbrella, a poncho and a rain jacket for me. Just the poncho for Alan:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter