Alaska Airlines Credit Card for Canadians

Carina

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me about the Alaska Airlines Credit Card for Canadians.

Everything I look up seems to be older information. I am looking for recent advice specifically where and how to apply if I am Canadian and if they offer to 25,000 mile sign up rewards to Canadians. And lastly do the points expire.

Plus any other useful advice or tid bits you want to share.

Do you mean you have cancelled and re-applied later to get another 25,000 miles?

Do you mean you have cancelled and re-applied later to get another 25,000 miles?

Yes, I have done this with many different credit cards. Use the card for the year, and then cancel. Several times I have actually gotten invitations from the CC asking me to join again.

I just use Avion so I am not limited to airline.

I just use Avion so I am not limited to airline.

Avion looks like it takes way longer to accumulate, and I can't find a sign up bonus for it that comes anywhere near a free flight within North America (at least on some days/routes)

Normally I'm a big fan of the Alaska card. I am a card holder and have been for years. Recently my wife signed up for a card too, so we're getting 2 companion fares per year, and we both got the sign up bonus.

For my last trip to Disneyworld, we ended up not using it. Why: out of Victoria, the flights had horrible schedules and were expensive. We ended up getting $99 flights out of Seattle and just driving down.

Still a fan of the card, used it for several mexico and Hawaii trips, but just happened that Florida was a lot cheaper if you can access a major US city.

I use the BMO Gold mastercard for Airmiles and the Amazon.ca visa for USD purchases. Those are the only cards we have.

Normally I'm a big fan of the Alaska card. I am a card holder and have been for years. Recently my wife signed up for a card too, so we're getting 2 companion fares per year, and we both got the sign up bonus.

For my last trip to Disneyworld, we ended up not using it. Why: out of Victoria, the flights had horrible schedules and were expensive. We ended up getting $99 flights out of Seattle and just driving down.

Still a fan of the card, used it for several mexico and Hawaii trips, but just happened that Florida was a lot cheaper if you can access a major US city.

We are actually looking at it for a trip to Tennessee next year.

Hubby said no more Disney until our youngest grandkid is 7 ( our oldest child is 17)
Although the kids and I are trying to beat him down for a 2015 trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter