Alaska 2018 reports?

atlfan4

Mouseketeer
Anyone just back from the first Alaska cruise of the season? Do you have navigators you can post?

Were the activities similar to prior years? Any surprises or changes worth noting? Thanks!

We just got off the ship this morning. We just got home (We live in Washington state) but there wasn’t a lot of changes from years past that I could tell. We did go to Endicott arm instead which after going to Tracy Arm 3 times on previous cruises it was a beautiful change. Tracy arm was full of ice. We had to travel a little different route back due to weather but we got to see whales and dall porpoises right off the port side.

Tracy arm was iced in very bad. Ended up going to endicott instead. couple menus have changed with new items. We just got off the ship this morning. Most of the things haven’t changed

Disneycruiselineblog.com has the navigators up at his website since he was on the first Alaska cruise this season

But there was stuff not on the paper navigators that was on the app on your phone. Like Captain signing was on paper navigator but listed on the phone app

Wow, unless there are other kids clubs activities posted in the app instead of the navigators, the kids club character offerings seem way down from last year. Part of how I justified the cost of this cruise versus DCL competitors was the possibility of one-on-one interactions with the characters in the kids club that extend to more than just a 30 second hug and photo.

ETA: I was looking in the wrong place for the Pixar party, I see it was there on Juneau day. But Captain America, Olaf and Anna & Elsa Coronation parties appear to be gone from the kids clubs.

ETA: Part 2: OK, I scoured the navigators again and found that they did have the Olaf and Anna & Elsa parties, just later in the evening than last year, 8:45 and 7:30, respectively. And they have more instances of the Marvel Superhero academy, just on port days or also late at night. On the one hand, the parties being later means we won't have to haul ourselves back from ports early so my son can attend, but he might also crash out and not get to go which would be a shame since he loves so many of those characters.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter