Alaska 2017??

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know when Alaska 2017 sailings will be released? We currently have RCCL booked, but would love to stick with Disney. Thanks!

We asked onboard the Magic last month and were told "mid-March" by the guy at the vacation planning desk.

Following along folks. We are interested in doing Alaska next summer as well. We are tied to school schedules though and will have to travel sometime between late June and mid-August. Is there a week/month that is cheaper than the others? The last one of the season might work for us, we shall see.

First cruise and last Alaska cruise is the cheapest. But we have been told with the wonder's referb they might not do Alaska in 2017. All depends on if the the new canal is open or not

First cruise and last Alaska cruise is the cheapest. But we have been told with the wonder's referb they might not do Alaska in 2017. All depends on if the the new canal is open or not

This would make me so very sad. :sad:

:sad1: What canal are you referring to? And wouldn't they try to do the referb in the off season?

This would make me so very sad. :sad:
Me too! I've been pre-planning a 2017 Disney Alaskan cruise for our in-laws anniversary in 2017 so if Disney doesn't do this cruise we likely never will :(

:sad1: What canal are you referring to? And wouldn't they try to do the referb in the off season?

Me too! I've been pre-planning a 2017 Disney Alaskan cruise for our in-laws anniversary in 2017 so if Disney doesn't do this cruise we likely never will :(

The Panama Canal. Currently, the Wonder is the only of Disney's four ships to fit through the current Panama Canal. The new Panama Canal has been plagued with issues and the opening has been delayed multiple times. The Wonder is set for a dry dock this fall. Nobody knows what will happen, but many suspect that a "duck tail" will be added (like the Magic has). If this occurs, the Wonder will no longer fit through the current Panama Canal (but would be fine once they get the new canal up and running).

So, basically, Disney is going to have to evaluate what they are going to do. I suspect everything will be fine and Disney will be in Alaska in 2017. Either the canal will be up and running and getting the (refurbished) Wonder through will be a non-issue or the canal will be delayed, but Disney will delay any refurbishing that will cause issues getting through the current canal.

We were originally going to do a May 2016 Alaska cruise.... But then in August we found out we were expecting baby #4! So, that cruise needed to be postponed/not booked quite yet. Really hoping 2017 works out!!

Were also eyeing Alaska 2017, we did eastern caribbean last year and can't wait to see 2017's summer schedule. Been checking daily since March 1st.

If they follow the last couple of years' schedule, I would guess we might hear stuff around March 21-22.

Where's the person whom last year was able to look up ships expected at the ports in Alaska and Vancouver and tell us when and where the ships would be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter