Alaska 2016 question

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
My dh and I are taking the kids on an Alaska cruise next summer. Unfortunately we're not going on a Disney cruise because their ship doesn't go where we really want to go (Glacier Bay) :(. We were considering combining it though with an Adventures by Disney trip though. I'm concerned that my youngest will be too young. He'll be 5 1/2 years old. We've never done whitewater rafting so I don't know if he's old enough for that and I'm concerned about that. He can go 2 miles already on the bike but he's pretty slow and has training wheels on it. I know kids can change a lot in a year but is it safe to risk it? The itinerary does sound great. I love the combo of planned activities and private family time.

We went this year on the ABD Alaska. My kids are 9 and 12, but there was a 7 year old on our trip. For the biking they gave her family a double bike. The ones with the adult bike in the from and the kids bike attached to the back, kind of a bicycle built for 2. I hope you know what I mean. The bike shop was very accommodating and helpful. So he could be biking with a parent if you go that route. The whitewater rafting was riding through the rapids/river, only the guide was paddling. Our boat had my 2 kids and the family with the 7 year old. The kids took turns kneeling in the from of the boat as we went down the river. We loved the trip and Alaska is amazing. I hope this helps you decide.

I've always thought that combining an Alaskan cruise with the Alaska ABD would be the perfect way to see Alaska!

Sayhello

Thanks for the feedback mebandy. I think I need to discuss it with my dh and see what he thinks.

tcufrog your welcome. We wanted to do the cruise to, but dh couldn't take that much time off at one time. We loved Alaska and will be going back in the future. And next time we will cruise! SO much to see in Alaska.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter