alarm clocks, radios in room?

ganurse

DIS Veteran
anything else we can bring to our small cabin to make it feel more at home? can we bring a small cd player (size of alarm clock)? 2 weeks to go and i want to be as prepared as possible...amy

You could definitely bring a CD player, but if you do that, remember an extension cord--there aren't outlets near the bed I've always read this, but never checked--how are the bedside light hooked up?)

Extension cords are allowed. And I've read that the outlet IS by the bed, (I guess to plug in the lights). The place it isn't is - by the bathroom. So people use the extension cords for hair dryers, etc.

You can program a wakeup call very easily if you need one.

Even if you bring your own alarm clock, don't forget to use the "Wake up Call" feature on the phone...It is Mickey Mouse who calls to wake you up.

We have a 2 yr old, and she loved it when Mickey Mouse would call her! So, even after we were awake, we would program the phone several more times so she could keep answering the phone! (It is an automated system) This is one of our favorite memories, and we got it on video!

Grandpa wasn't too sad when he called one time and DD was expecting Mickey Mouse and was SORELY disappointed it was Grandpa! hehehehehe

Originally posted by tkd lisa

I've read that the outlet IS by the bed, (I guess to plug in the lights). The place it isn't is - by the bathroom. So people use the extension cords for hair dryers, etc.

Actually, the outlet is by the desk, on the wall opposite the bed, so if you plan on bringing something that needs to be plugged in and sitting on your nightstand (such as a CPAP machine... if you have one, you know what I'm talking about. If not... never mind), you will need to bring an extension cord that's at least 10 feet long.

Originally posted by Dave_from_Marietta

Actually, the outlet is by the desk, on the wall opposite the bed, so if you plan on bringing something that needs to be plugged in and sitting on your nightstand (such as a CPAP machine... if you have one, you know what I'm talking about. If not... never mind), you will need to bring an extension cord that's at least 10 feet long.

Dave, I'm one of those people that uses a CPAP machine. The information I get from this forum is incredible. But, the reminder to bring an extension cord - that bit of information alone is enough reason to read this forum. I can't imagine the trouble I will go through if I don't bring an extension cord when we cruise on July 6th. In fact, we'll probably bring two extension cords.

It's the little details like an extension cord that can change a good vacation into a memorable one - for the things that don't happen!

Cat. 4 room had outlets behind the bed, on the vanity, and behind the television (one outlet taken by the tv itself). There are also outlets in each of the split bathrooms. I worried about extension cords, and opted not to bring them. We did just fine after discovering all the outlet locations.

We brought an alarm clock with CD player and plugged it in by the desk and had a small travel clock for the nightstand. We brought along a few CDs and played the calm ones at bedtime. Not only did it help the kids go to sleep but it helped me to not hear the typical ship sounds quite as much. Some would say, "You're on vacation, why worry about the time?" With all the fun activities, shows, meals, shore excursions, etc. it was nice to readily see what time it was.

Originally posted by sbh

Cat. 4 room had outlets behind the bed

Okay. Our Category 6 did not. And I think most of the other categories also do not. We tore our bed apart trying to plug my DW's CPAP machine into one of the outlets used by the nightstand lamps, only to find that it was a European-style outlet rather than an American-style outlet. For us, the only usable outlet was across on the opposite wall.

Is the outlet grounded (3 prong) or not? This will affect my choice of extension cord. Also - is the draw on the outlet good? I have to pump breast milk daily and hope that there's enough juice to work that thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter