• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo??

Yardbird

DIS Veteran
A couple of weeks ago I reserved a car with Alamo for a good price, and I have a $20.00 coupon from B.J's. We will fly in to MCO on June 6th. Now, I have read several threads that pretty much say that Alamo may not be the best to rent a car from Waiting in line after a long flight does not sound like my idea of fun! All this has me thinking that maybe I should reserve with a different company.

Anyone willing to help me make up my mind?

:confused:

Thanks!

Even though Alamo tends to have a long line, so do many of the others. Even Avis, which usually isn't bad, was absolutely awful last time we used them. We book through Priceline, so we've gotten almost every onsite agency, plus Hertz (haven't had a long line through them yet). I don't mind Alamo when the price is right because I am prepared for the possibility of a wait. Have the other members of your party wait for the luggage so you can kill two birds with one stone. Other than the waits and occasional aggressiveness on the insurance, Alamo isn't bad. Their prices make it worth it, and we've gotten good cars (and a couple of upgrades) from them too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by Yardbird
A couple of weeks ago I reserved a car with Alamo for a good price, and I have a $20.00 coupon from B.J's. We will fly in to MCO on June 6th. Now, I have read several threads that pretty much say that Alamo may not be the best to rent a car from Waiting in line after a long flight does not sound like my idea of fun! All this has me thinking that maybe I should reserve with a different company.

Anyone willing to help me make up my mind?

:confused:

Thanks!

I like Alamo. As to helping you make up your mind, nope, you are on your own here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter