Alamo Rental Car at Shades of Green

2BusyPlanning

DIS Veteran
We are staying one night at the Polynesian before our cruise. I just made reservations for a rental car from Alamo, choosing Shades of Green as the pick up location. Two questions:

1 - How do we get to Shades of Green to pick up the rental car?

2 - I am not military, however, I read that you can only rent here if you are. No where on Alamo's web site stated this. Will I have a problem?

So, tell me your experiences renting a car from this location. Thank you!

2BusyPlanning said:
We are staying one night at the Polynesian before our cruise. I just made reservations for a rental car from Alamo, choosing Shades of Green as the pick up location. Two questions:

2 - I am not military, however, I read that you can only rent here if you are. No where on Alamo's web site stated this. Will I have a problem?

We always stay at shades of green. You have to have a military ID to get on property. We have rented from Alamo at SOG and had great service but I really don't think you will be able to do so without an ID. I would call and find out for sure. You can google them and get their phone number. We always walk to the Polynesian for breakfast one morning (Stitch is my fav character). It is a bit of a walk but we do it. There is no transportation between SOG and Disney hotels.

I think Alamo has a site at the Disney Car Care Center which is near the TTC. You might switch your reservation to that. They'll send a shuttle to your resort to pick you up - just ask at the front desk about 20 minutes before you want to go get the rental.

Enjoy your land and sea vacation!

I went back, priced that location and thought of canceling the other. But it was almost doubled in price!

I think I'm just going to get a rental at the airport and forget about using DME to the Poly.

Just went through this in May. I dropped my friends off at SOG to pick up their car. We told the gate guard that we were picking up a rental car. He checked my drivers license and we were waved in...no issues. None of us have a military ID.

I was going to rent from SOG too...take DME to OKW and then taxi over..but ended up finding a price from Costco that made it easier to rent at the airport but my friends found their best deal at SOG....and had zero issues with their rental.

Jill in CO

You won't have any issues renting the car at SOG.

I went back, priced that location and thought of canceling the other. But it was almost doubled in price!

I think I'm just going to get a rental at the airport and forget about using DME to the Poly.

Try the National/Alamo at the BV Palace. We have gotten great rates at that one & it is right by the DTD Market place Bus Stop, so we found it easier than the Swan/dolphin to get to & back.

Kae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter