Alamo question...picking up/dropping off late/early.

auger

DIS Veteran
i need some help from anyone with experience in this type of situation.
We have a car with Alamo that we picked up in Tampa. The res was for 8 days, 11:00am pick-up on day 1, and 2:00pm drop on day 8.
We picked the car up at 12:30, so an hour and a half later than our original reservation pick-up time.
Now it looks like we will need to drop off around 11:00am, about 3 hours earlier than our scheduled drop time.
Will Alamo charge us a fee for an “early return”, or should we be ok since we will have it a only a slightly shorter amount of time than the reservation was for?
TIA

I once had a situation like that. They were indeed going to reprice it. I had time so I waited in line at their other desk (like guest Services...this was at lax by the way) and she fixed it for me.

I once had a situation like that. They were indeed going to reprice it. I had time so I waited in line at their other desk (like guest Services...this was at lax by the way) and she fixed it for me.

Did you have them fix it at the beginning of the reservation when you picked it up or at the end when dropping off?

In my experience with Alamo you should be fine as your total rental time is close to original booking. They usually give you a cushion of a few hrs.

Did you have them fix it at the beginning of the reservation when you picked it up or at the end when dropping off?

At the end, because I didn’t know that that was going to happen ahead of time.

If they had gone by the time I was at the counter picking up the paperwork (again, this was lax and it’s a different procedure), rather than the “go to the bathroom, get to the car, make sure it’s not stinky, load up the car, getting situated, and wait at the long line to get out” time, it wouldn’t have been an issue because our early return (we made big allowances for la traffic) wouldn’t have caused the reprice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter