Alamo price increase on existing reservation

Shannon G

DIS Veteran
I just went on to double check my reservation with Alamo, with pick up scheduled for a week from today. I noticed that the total cost showing on my reservation is higher than when I booked (I have my email confirmation from when I booked). The difference seems to be in lower savings from my code & coupon. Has anyone else had this happen? Will they honor my original rate? Should I call ahead to have it fixed, or just show them my confirmation at the booth as I leave (I always skip the counter.

Here are the original rates from my confirmation vs what is now online:

Original Conformation:
1 week @ 204.26 $204.26
4 days @ 29.18 $116.72
Unlimited Mileage Included
Freq Traveler Surcharge $7.50
Customer Facility Charge
2.50/day $12.50
Priv Fee Recov Charge 10 pct
(10%) $28.00
Tire Battery fee .02 Day $0.22
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $22.00
Vehicle License Fee .78/day $8.58
Sales Tax (6.5%) $22.27
Total Savings -$57.10
Estimated Total $364.95

Now showing online:
spacer_light_grey_email.gif

1 week @ 204.26 $204.26
4 days @ 29.18 $116.72
Customer Facility Charge
2.50/day $12.50
(10%) $30.36
Vehicle License Fee .78/day $7.26
Sales Tax (6.5%) $23.97
Total Savings -$32.10
Estimated Total $392.69

Just checked mine since we fly in on Sunday and it's up too :-( Lost the $25 coupon and now show a savings of $13 and change. Estimated total was 118 and now shows estimated total is 156. I don't think I can dispute it since it's an estimated total :-(

National did the same to us last week. DH called and they added some other discount so now it is lower than it originally was. I suggest calling. Those "estimated" totals are meant to observe changes in tax rates, airport fees, not actual rate changes.

Alamo has permitted mixing of corporate codes/coupons for years

Odd to think a valid coupon would go poof

I have one with Alamo starting 7/1, likely will cancel as i found far better thru both autoslash & USSA - hertz.

Just checked it was originally $192.20 for a fullsize, same now

Did use a $25 coupon (generic one anybody eligible) but it had a Saturday night mandatory. I did notice when pricing a shorter trip coming in on a Sunday i was able to get the discount. Could be the system has caught that glitch

There is another $25 coupon that doesn't require a Saturday, $25 off $175 rental out there. Probably a few others.

For those that had price jumps try to modify to see if your rate holds with whatever coupon you choose

I posted this exact same question a few days ago, but no one replied. Happened to me with a reservation I have for November... glad I'm not the only one!

I called Alamo and the agent quoted me my original lower price, and said that's what he could see on his end attached to my confirmation number. I'm still a little leery, but not much else I can do at this point.

I'll be interested to see how it plays out for you.

Updating to say I just got off the phone with Alamo --the agent said that I'm locked in to the rate at which I booked--he doesn't understand why I'm seeing something new unless the system thinks I'm rebooking and showing the rate at which I'd be charged if I modified. He still shows my 118 price so I'll bring a print out of my 118 reservation just to be safe.

I was just coming here to see if this happened to anyone else. I just checked my reservation this morning and it's $40 more. I'll print out my original reservation and I think I'll call or email them just to make sure.

I have the same issue with my reservation for next week. It is up by $17 from my original confirmation.

If you have written proof of your original price, the agent will have to honor it. The only thing you can't bargain back down is a new tax that may have gone into effect between the date of the reservation and the date of travel.

If you have written proof of your original price, the agent will have to honor it. The only thing you can't bargain back down is a new tax that may have gone into effect between the date of the reservation and the date of travel.

Just had the same happen to me, called and they quoted the original lower price. But i tried to add my Alamo insider number and the price was going to increase $45 so I didn't have them add it
Crazy! I might just go with my dollar ressie.

My biggest concern is what price will come up if we do online check in and skip the counter, which is what we usually do.

I just went on to double check my reservation with Alamo, with pick up scheduled for a week from today. I noticed that the total cost showing on my reservation is higher than when I booked (I have my email confirmation from when I booked). The difference seems to be in lower savings from my code & coupon. Has anyone else had this happen? Will they honor my original rate? Should I call ahead to have it fixed, or just show them my confirmation at the booth as I leave (I always skip the counter.

Here are the original rates from my confirmation vs what is now online:

Original Conformation:
1 week @ 204.26 $204.26
4 days @ 29.18 $116.72
Customer Facility Charge
2.50/day $12.50
(10%) $28.00
Vehicle License Fee .78/day $8.58
Sales Tax (6.5%) $22.27
Total Savings -$57.10
Estimated Total $364.95

Now showing online:

1 week @ 204.26 $204.26
4 days @ 29.18 $116.72
Customer Facility Charge
2.50/day $12.50
(10%) $30.36
Vehicle License Fee .78/day $7.26
Sales Tax (6.5%) $23.97
Total Savings -$32.10
Estimated Total $392.69

I have a very similar 11-day reservation with Alamo staring at noon tomorrow. Just checked the link in the reminder email I received today, confirming my online check-in. When I look at the total, my $25 Entertainment Book discount has disappeared. I have a printed copy of the on-line check-in page showing the discounted rate, so I will verify at the check-out booth tomorrow.

I got a reply to my email, and he agent said that my rate would be as it was when I booked, and that that is what shows in their system. She even gave me the detailed breakdown of the rate. My concern now is that it showed the coupon I used (ad2823jaz) which I thought as a public coupon, as "Costco super coupon," and I don't have a costco membership. I think there are other $25 coupons out now, so I may see what that does if I try to modify it to a different coupon code...

Having read this thread, I went to check my own Alamo rental for later this summer. So far, it is showing for the original rental rate, but I'm now going to print out the email and keep checking back between now and then.

Thanks for the heads up!

The numbers in those two listings don't make sense.
Week rate didn't change.
Per day rate didn't change.
Frequent traveler surcharge didn't change.
Customer facility charge didn't change.
Priv fee recovery surcharge percent didn't change; the amounts are different but neither is 10% of the rental. $28 vs $30.36
Tire battery fee didn't change.
Florida surcharge didn't change.
Vehicle license fee amount didn't change, but total dropped: $8.58 vs $7.26 (higher amt correct, $7.26 not evenly divisible by $.78)
Sales tax increased from $22.27 to $30.36(!)
Total savings decreased from $57.10 to $33.10 despite net increase of $1.04

No, something's fishy.

Interestingly, this morning my rate showing on the web is back to what it should be.
Same thing for me. On-line rate now matches my printed documentation for the bypass the counter check-in, so I should be all set when we arrive at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter