Alamo price change on existing reservation

houseofduck

DIS Veteran
I just had a strange thing happen with Alamo. After checking my rates this morning, I had a price drop of about $6. I booked it and then went to cancel my existing reservation. When I went to cancel, the price on my existing reservation was lower than the price it was when I booked it and lower than the new reservation that I had just made. I kept it and emailed a copy to myself with the new price.

I have never had the price of an existing reservation change without me modifying it. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if it will change back to the higher price as magically as it went lower.

Seems the daily Florida fee has been removed. It happened on both my Alamo September reservation, my October national reservation and my Jacksonville October national reservation it certainly was a pleasant surprise.

The same thing happened to me too. I saw the rates had dropped slightly today, so I was making new reservations. When I went to cancel my previous ones, I noticed the price had dropped lower than the reservation I had just made. Comparing them to the emails I had received when I first booked them, I realized the Florida surcharge was now gone.

Thought about canceling the new reservation, but not sure if my previous reservations will just go back up in the future. Holding onto them all for now :)

After reading this, I logged in and saw my 9-day reservation drop from $137.97 to $118.80. Indeed, the Florida fee, which totaled around $18, was gone. Nice surprise! I re-printed the Alamo Bypass Ticket so I have a fresh copy with the lower rate.

ETA: I've just looked up the history of the Florida rental car surcharge including recent changes to it, and I can't find anything to indicate it's been eliminated. So I wouldn't be totally surprised if that fee re-appears when we get charged. If it doesn't, I'll be happy. :)

Last edited:
My fee is gone on two rental companies, not just Alamo. National too. (though they are sister companies)

Thanks for posting. Our 10 day in November just dropped to 173! Just printed the new info to have in case we need it.

I noticed this too late after re-booking a cheaper rate and canceling my original booking. I completely failed to notice that due to the fee elimination, the original booking had become cheaper than the new one! >:( For some reason it just never occurred to me that a reserved price could go down. The net effect was less than ten dollars, so hardly a catastrophe, but I should have reviewed everything more carefully before making the change.

I noticed this too late after re-booking a cheaper rate and canceling my original booking. I completely failed to notice that due to the fee elimination, the original booking had become cheaper than the new one! >:( For some reason it just never occurred to me that a reserved price could go down. The net effect was less than ten dollars, so hardly a catastrophe, but I should have reviewed everything more carefully before making the change.

I almost did the exact same thing. I too never expected them to change it to a lower price! Here's wishing your rate continues to fall.

Wow, my October one reduced about 11 dollars. Thanks for this head up. I was happy I got that best rate so far about 3 weeks ago. Now, it's more than double what I have reservations for. I'll take any savings they throw at me.

ETA: I've just looked up the history of the Florida rental car surcharge including recent changes to it, and I can't find anything to indicate it's been eliminated. So I wouldn't be totally surprised if that fee re-appears when we get charged. If it doesn't, I'll be happy. :)

I've been looking, too. Shocking there's nothing in the news about this. I know there were something like 130 new laws enacted recently in FL but articles are only giving what they feel are the most interesting (like allowing 64 oz growlers at brewpubs).

Mine is down too, with the removal of the Florida fee. My reservation has gone from $161 for 8 days to $144. Yay :dogdance:.

That said, I am a bit hesitant to think that this isnt some sort of glitch. I will be watching to see if the reservation returns to its original price in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Ours dropped as well, but the rental for our van for 9 days was still cheaper ($209) today. I was pretty excited to get it that cheap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter