Alamo Premium Selection at MCO

bcuinohio

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented a premium from Alamo at MCO recently? I was wondering what vehicles they have in that class. Website says Chrysler 300 but they usually have others.

It seems like what they call full size now were mid size a few years ago.

We usually get a premium from Alamo. We've had the Hyundai Azera, Chrysler 300, Ford Taurus and Chevy Impala.

If your OK with a Taurus or Impala, you will find these on the Full size aisle and these are reasonably well appointed models.
The ones on the Premium aisle are just the loaded up models with all the bells and whistles, not worth the premium (no pun intended) IMHO

On Alamo's website they list the Fusion as a full size. It seems that what they call a full size is what I call a mid size. :rotfl2:

If your OK with a Taurus or Impala, you will find these on the Full size aisle and these are reasonably well appointed models.
The ones on the Premium aisle are just the loaded up models with all the bells and whistles, not worth the premium (no pun intended) IMHO

I didn't pay attention if they had a Taurus or Impala on the full size aisle, but I agree that the ones we've rented as premium have had leather and a long list of options. We like them since they have large trunks. I tend to get a premium for only $25-$50 more per week over a full size, but if the difference was more I'm not sure if I would upgrade.

I did forget one car we've had a couple times as premium that I no longer select - the Nissan Maxima. Both had cloth seats and not many options. Served the purpose but there are better choices.

On Alamo's website they list the Fusion as a full size. It seems that what they call a full size is what I call a mid size. :rotfl2:

This is just another form of inflation. Car classes have shifted over the years. A Chevrolet Malibu used to be a mid size many years ago, now it is considered a full size. The same is true for all car classes. Just a way to charge us more for less.

I didn't pay attention if they had a Taurus or Impala on the full size aisle, but I agree that the ones we've rented as premium have had leather and a long list of options. We like them since they have large trunks. I tend to get a premium for only $25-$50 more per week over a full size, but if the difference was more I'm not sure if I would upgrade.

I did forget one car we've had a couple times as premium that I no longer select - the Nissan Maxima. Both had cloth seats and not many options. Served the purpose but there are better choices.

I am just looking for a vehicle with the biggest trunk possible. The Impala and Taurus are probably two good choices. Ironically, the premium was cheaper than the full size. The weird thing is that if I change my arrival time by half an hour either way, the price goes up substantially on the premium car.

I am just looking for a vehicle with the biggest trunk possible. The Impala and Taurus are probably two good choices. Ironically, the premium was cheaper than the full size. The weird thing is that if I change my arrival time by half an hour either way, the price goes up substantially on the premium car.
If the Premium is less, then I'd definitely grab it.

Anyone rented Premium lately from Alamo at MCO (or looked what was on the premium aisle) on any recent rentals?
Leaving in a couple of weeks and still holding onto a mid size reservation and a Premium, will have to decide between them soon.
Hoping for something FUN to drive for our 11 days, just me and my DS25 this trip, just a boys trip

We picked up a premium in July. I registered online so I was able to walk out and pick my car. It was a very strange selection. Not at a all what I expected. I took the only Toyota Avalon. There was an Infinity Q50 and a few Camros, Challengers and Z-370s. I picked the premium because I Was hoping for a Taurus or Impala for bigger trunk space. I think they had an over abundance of sports cars that day and put them in the premium section.

We picked up a premium in July. I registered online so I was able to walk out and pick my car. It was a very strange selection. Not at a all what I expected. I took the only Toyota Avalon. There was an Infinity Q50 and a few Camros, Challengers and Z-370s. I picked the premium because I Was hoping for a Taurus or Impala for bigger trunk space. I think they had an over abundance of sports cars that day and put them in the premium section.
Ooooo .... Camaro or Challenger would be a nice "boys vacation car"

Ooooo .... Camaro or Challenger would be a nice "boys vacation car"

With four people and 4 suitcases plus carry on, it wasn't an option for me.

I still think they ran out of premiums and substituted the sports cars. Last year I got a Maxima from Dollar, Their premiums were Maximas and Chargers.

With four people and 4 suitcases plus carry on, it wasn't an option for me.

I still think they ran out of premiums and substituted the sports cars. Last year I got a Maxima from Dollar, Their premiums were Maximas and Chargers.
On our winter trips, we usually see Chargers, Taurus, Impala, Maxima, Infiniti cars and a smattering of upscale SUV's (and occasionally a Challenger)
This is our first fall trip where the Premium rental was within our budget (actually $40 less than full size) so I'm hoping for something sporty or upscale.

We'll be arriving in 11 days, hoping for any news as to what's been seen on Alamo's Premium aisle at MCO

Arrived at MCO Sept 22 9:30PM, premium aisle had 5 or 6 SUVs and CUVs (Nissan, Hyundia, Chrysler, Toyota) 2 Buick LaCrosse, a Charger, a Taurus and a Mustang.
Driving the Mustang right now and lovin' it :D

Last edited:
Just booked a Premium for a 5 day trip in two weeks. Used the Brazil code and got a really good deal, but still have my backup EA ressie with National in case something twitchy happens in the meantime with that code. Really hoping for something sporty. I was tempted to book a convertible, since it was only a bit more, but my daily is a convertible, so I figured why waste the extra money. Would LOVE a Mustang on Infiniti though. Fingers crossed.

Is there usually a fairly large selection on that aisle?

Is there usually a fairly large selection on that aisle?
There were about a dozen cars on the Premium aisle on side B when we picked up Sept 22. It was a full aisle but it's not a huge selection (see my post above)
There was a Charger and a Mustang on the aisle (by way of sporty cars)

Am I wrong in assuming the muscle cars are lacking the 'muscle'? They are just the smaller engine versions of the true muscle car.

I rented a Mustang last spring locally and was very disappointed when I stepped on the gas and it couldn't get out of it's own way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter