• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo or Enterprise

czy4WDW

Earning My Ears
Need your advice. We're leaving in 5 days :Pinkbounc for Orlando, first to visit relatives and then onto the Poly. My questions is: my DH's company who made all our plane reservations also made the car ressies with Enterprise BUT Alamo has better rates but after reading this board it seems that the waits are longer at Alamo.

Which should I go with, Enterprise or Alamo? BTW, we have two DDs (6 & 4) and will be arriving at noon on Friday, May 7th.

TIA,

:teeth:

I remember reading some bad things about Enterprise in Orlando, so you may want to run a search (it was a few months back). We have never used them in Orlando, but they were fine in Chicago when I had some car repair work done and needed a rental.
As for Alamo, I will use them when they are cheap. We get them through Priceline all the time. More often than not, the wait is pretty long, but I figure it's the "price" we pay for a big discount. The cars have always been fine and we've even been upgraded a few times when they were out of economy cars. We come to Orlando for business many weekends, so we are very price sensitive and are willing to have a discount in exchange for the long line potential.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Originally posted by czy4WDW
Need your advice. We're leaving in 5 days :Pinkbounc for Orlando, first to visit relatives and then onto the Poly. My questions is: my DH's company who made all our plane reservations also made the car ressies with Enterprise BUT Alamo has better rates but after reading this board it seems that the waits are longer at Alamo.

Which should I go with, Enterprise or Alamo? BTW, we have two DDs (6 & 4) and will be arriving at noon on Friday, May 7th.

TIA,

:teeth:

One thing to consider with little ones. Enterprise is offsite and you need to take a shuttle. Alamo is onsite but often has long waits, but the cars are right there.
Personally, with little ones and luggage, I would opt for the wait in line. The kids can run around the lobby area while one of the parents waits.

I went with Alamo simply because they offer a WDW 3 Day Park Hopper Pass PLUS. I think it's the only place to obtain a 3 day PHPP. $178.

Check Enterpirse website for the fine print regarding milage. I was going to rent from them at Savannah International one time until I found that Enterprise charged extra if your milage exceed 600miles. Be careful if you are going to drive any distance using Enterprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter