Alamo Kiosk question

Nermel9

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I booked my rental car with Alamo through Costco, and on the reservation it says "Discount Coupon Accepted", and that is the only discount used. I like using Costco because of the free additional driver so my DH can drive too. I'm just wondering, can I use the Alamo kiosk at MCO to check in? I have tried before and everything has been fine until we try to add the additional driver, it always wants to charge us, is there a way around this? Or do I just have to suck it up and go to the counter? :rotfl:

Thanks! :cool1:

Hi everyone,

I booked my rental car with Alamo through Costco, and on the reservation it says "Discount Coupon Accepted", and that is the only discount used. I like using Costco because of the free additional driver so my DH can drive too. I'm just wondering, can I use the Alamo kiosk at MCO to check in? I have tried before and everything has been fine until we try to add the additional driver, it always wants to charge us, is there a way around this? Or do I just have to suck it up and go to the counter? :rotfl:

Thanks! :cool1:

I would try the kiosk, it will say there is a charge for the add.driver, but, it does not carry over to the total. If it does carry over, it will show before you print the slip. If it shows cancel the process. At that point, I would say go to the counter or add at the exit booth.

If you join the Insiders, you automatically get an extra driver for free. It is free to join and you will get at least 10% off your rental plus other coupons. Take a peek at the program.

I would try the kiosk, it will say there is a charge for the add.driver, but, it does not carry over to the total. If it does carry over, it will show before you print the slip. If it shows cancel the process. At that point, I would say go to the counter or add at the exit booth.

If you join the Insiders, you automatically get an extra driver for free. It is free to join and you will get at least 10% off your rental plus other coupons. Take a peek at the program.

Thanks! I have joined the Insiders program, but it's still much more expensive than Costco, I got a really great rate with Costco! I don't really want to bother with the kiosk if there is a chance I will have to go to the counter anyway, I suppose I'll just go to the counter and deal with them pushing us to upgrade our car and buy insurance! Ugh! :laughing:

Thanks! I have joined the Insiders program, but it's still much more expensive than Costco, I got a really great rate with Costco! I don't really want to bother with the kiosk if there is a chance I will have to go to the counter anyway, I suppose I'll just go to the counter and deal with them pushing us to upgrade our car and buy insurance! Ugh! :laughing:

Just tell the counter agent NO and you don;t want to hear anymore. You can add your add. driver at the exit booth, that way you can use the kiosk. Those codes show no charge for add drivers.

Just tell the counter agent NO and you don;t want to hear anymore. You can add your add. driver at the exit booth, that way you can use the kiosk. Those codes show no charge for add drivers.

Really? I didn't know you could add a driver at the booth at the end...maybe I will do that then, thanks! :thumbsup2

Really? I didn't know you could add a driver at the booth at the end...maybe I will do that then, thanks! :thumbsup2

Yep, sure can, I did many, many, many. Just make sure the add.driver is with you with a valid license.

Despite all that was said, still go ahead and join Alamo Insiders. You will have to create a user name and a login. Do it. Trust me. Then...write down the Costco Coupon code you are using. Go to the Alamo website and click on the Alamo Insiders link. Login with username and password. Your Alamo insiders info will be filled in already (membership number). Type in the Costco Rate ID and the coupon code. Go to the next steps to make and complete your reservation. Once you have confirmed and you are satisfied with the price, click on the Save Time Link. Now, add in your spouses information. As previous poster said, it will show the $9.99/day charge on the rental, but you will see, no fee has been added. Now you are all set. Just remember to bring the coupon with you in case you are asked for it, or at least have your Costco ID showing you are entitled to the discount by membership. (I have a BJs membership, and this is the process I follow every year. You are practically combining your Costco discount with your Alamo Insiders Membership, and it is accepted so don't worry. ;)

Upon arrival at MCO, get your luggage first, then, go downstairs to the rental car floor. AVOID THE COUNTER.....Just go to the ALAMO KIOSK. Scan the barcode of your reservation and all the info on your paperwork will now appear on the screen. Verify EVERYTHING, then swipe your credit card. Get your printout and walk directly across the street to the garage. Alamo is on the ground floor which makes it SO EASY AND CONVENIENT. The cars are all lined up according to size, economy, compact, midsize, etc.... Choose your car according to your class size on your reservation. Follow the arrows to the exit booth. Give the attendant your print out, your drivers license and the license of your spouse. Your spouse MUST BE WITH YOU. Once the attendant gives you the go ahead, you are done.

Following all these steps will help make your entire transaction smooth and easy. Especially the SAVE TIME step. One more note....do not be tempted to check-in online before your arrival to MCO. Alamo does not allow an online check-in when you use a coupon code. So do not be tempted to do it. Do everything thru the SAVE TIME LINK between now and the day before your arrival. This will help you avoid the counter and ensure a smooth transaction, and have you on your way quickly. In my opinion, Alamo is one of the easiest agencies to deal with. My DH practically REFUSES to utilize any other company. This will be my 7th consecutive year using Alamo, and I am proud to say I am STILL a VERY SATISFIED ALAMO CUSTOMER.

If the reservation has listed on it (1) Additional Driver listed on it, you should have no issue adding the extra driver at the kiosk for free. As the PP indicated, use SaveTime online ahead of time and enter all of your information and the additional drivers information before you even leave home.

Is there a way to add my husband as an additional driver before we leave? The only options I have with the Save Time link are Check-In Now or Kiosk. I would really like to have all of this done before we leave. THanks! :)

Is there a way to add my husband as an additional driver before we leave? The only options I have with the Save Time link are Check-In Now or Kiosk. I would really like to have all of this done before we leave. THanks! :)

Those are the only options and you will have to have your husband and his license (as well as yours and your credit card) when you leave the garage.

Yes..use the Save Time Link....I just added myself to my DH ressie on Friday. Now my name is listed on the ressie as the additional driver. It says there is a $9.99 charge but in the column that shows the charges it says $0.00. I think using the SAVE TIME link makes it easier at the kiosk and at exiting. All of the Drivers License info is already there for both drivers, and just has to be verified instead of having to be entered at the counter or by exit staff.

If you have a Check-In Now link, then you can checkin online and print your rental receipt before leaving home and go straight to the garage and pick out the car. The Check-In Now replaces the need for SaveTime. If you don't have coupons attached to your reservation, you will have the Check-In Now option but if you have coupons then that option is not available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter