Alamo Drop off Enterprise?

chrisd596

DIS Veteran
Renting at Dolphin and dropping off at the Cape. Read that Alamo no longer has a drop off there, however I was able to book it that way, and called the drop off number on my reservation and it was an Enterprise location.

The lady said they accept Alamo returns.

So I guess I'm good to go. Has anyone rented from Alamo and returned at the Cape using Enterprise as there return.

Plus I asked about a return shuttle to the Cape and they said yes and no cost for the return shuttle.

Any experience and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Haven't done this yet but I believe Enterprise owns both Natinonal and Alamo. I just made a reservation through Enterprise using my National Emerald Club info yesterday. It was actually cheaper than using National.

There is only 4 major car rental companies around these days:

1. Enterprise, Alamo and National
2. Dollar and Thrifty
3. Avis and Budget
4. Hertz and Advantage

So when I emailed Alamo about a shuttle to the Port and they told me that they no longer have/offer that were they mistaken? Or should I call the number directly on my reservation? We aren't traveling until later this year but keep looking for a great rate for an overnight one way rental.

I called the number directly at the port yesterday and that's when I found it is was an Enterprise location that would accept Alamo.

And I asked about the van service and she said they did provide a free shuttle back to the port, about every 15 minutes.

With that said, 2 years ago we did Budget and they were very good about the shuttle service and quick.

Last year we did Dollar and they were just ok. BUT the line picking people at the port and getting them back to Dollar to pick up a rental to drive was really, really long. I wouldn't, based on last year, rent a car from Dollar at the port to return to MCO, or Disney.

So, I think we're ok for the Alamo/Enterprise experience. My travel agent did it and it went ok.

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter