Alamo Costco car rental

kamanda

Mouseketeer
Did anyone have to put in their Costco number when booking through Alamo?

I've never seen this before but I couldn't confirm the booking until I entered it.

When at the Alamo site, one of the fields, besides coupon, is contract ID. This is where I either put in the costco number or the AP number. Are you saying that you also had to put in your member number??

I've never seen this before but I couldn't confirm the booking until I entered it.

I reserved our ALAMO Rental on the ALAMO website and there was not a spot to enter our COSTCO Membership Number. This was booked December 2016 and I have changed the same Rental a few times (same dates etc)and I have not seen a COSTCO Membership Number Required spot.

On the COSTCO website for a ALAMO Rental there is/was on space for entering a COSTCO Membership Number

I use the ALAMO website because I can add a coupon as well as the COSTCO code.

It must be new, I've never seen it before either. I was checking rates this morning on Alamo's website using the Costco ID and before I could book a car I had to enter my membership #.

I've booked through the Alamo site a few times in the past 12 months with the Costco discount and have always had to enter my Costco member number in order to confirm the reservation.

This has been on the Alamo website for the last year or so, whenever you enter the Costco ID.
It appears on the last page, where you verify info, add flight info and frequent flyer info etc. and hit the "Book It" button

When it was first implemented, you could leave the field blank but this flagged your reservation to be checked (for Costco membership) and caused all kinds of problems for people trying to change/cancel reservations, also wasn't allowing some people to use the On-line check-in.

Now it is a mandatory field and you cannot complete the reservation without entering your membership number (when using the Costco ID)

I reserved our ALAMO Rental on the ALAMO website and there was not a spot to enter our COSTCO Membership Number. This was booked December 2016 and I have changed the same Rental a few times (same dates different time of day) and I have not seen a COSTCO Membership Number Required spot.

After seeing I was in the minority of not having a COSTCO Membership Number needed to complete a Alamo Car Rental
I did a modify existing Reservation and the COSTCO Membership Number is now Required on my existing Reservation too.

I assume it was not there last time I made changes to my Reservation
*April 15th* because I was able to complete the Reservation process without COSTCO info included.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter