• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo - convertible question

mom_rules

<font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c
We have a convertible booked (confirmed ressie) with Alamo.

I went in to check to see what current rates might be and they don't show any convertibles at all.

Does anyone know if Alamo has stopped renting them?

Go to the drop down menu below the pictures of the vehicles. The convertibles are there, rates look the same as before for my dates in Jan.

Could it be that we are renting from CCC? They aren't showing as an option for any of the on-property Alamo rental location.

Okay, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but convertibles aren't showing as an option at MCO either.

mom_rules said:
Could it be that we are renting from CCC? They aren't showing as an option for any of the on-property Alamo rental location.
I just rented one from the CCC. They had quite a few as a matter of fact.

mom_rules said:
Okay, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but convertibles aren't showing as an option at MCO either.

Just checked, they are there. Maybe it depends on the code or coupon.
And, they are at the CCC also.

Last week I was able to reserve one for March ...maybe they have reservations for all convertables and they don't want to over book?

Well, cleared out my history and tried again-still no luck.

Will keep trying-this is for Dec.

Are you checking on alamo.com? I just put Dec15-22 dates in and they were still available. Below the pictured vehicles is a drop down menu. It has a header that reads: Select from additional cars below, arrow it down the first entry is for convertibles (Sebring)

I must have a "special computer" LOL-I just tried again -rental at the Dolphin on Dec 15th and get every other vehicle (looks like SUV's are discounted)-but no convertibles-I think I'm going to have to call them.

mom_rules said:
I must have a "special computer" LOL-I just tried again -rental at the Dolphin on Dec 15th and get every other vehicle (looks like SUV's are discounted)-but no convertibles-I think I'm going to have to call them.
They are there. I just checked for the date you listed.
Go to the very last vehicle picture, there is an area that says:
" Select from additional cars below:

If you do not see the car you need above, select
from this list to check rates on additional car types. "

It is a drop down menu (it's default is "select"), the covertable and full size van are listed there.

Hope this helps. I just rented one from the CCC last week. What a nice car!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter