• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo Codes

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
what happened to all the alamo codes. all the ones i have are no longer valid. there use to be a slew of them. now i can't find any

I am using 1 free upgrade coupon code: AU2993SDR and Visa discount code: 7015504.....It helps a little, but the price is very high either way. :)

Its crazy how much a week cost right now! No codes and the fees are adding way over 100.00 to the weekly rate. I guess they can blame it on Covid and a way to make up losses? I think $4+-500+ for a regular sedan is ridiculous

Covid has changed the car rental landscape. One entire side is completely closed at MCO, so their fleet sizes have been drastically reduced. I'm sure their cost of doing business has also increased with the need for enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols.

If you have a Costco membership, check rates through them. We traveled to Orlando in both October and December, and our best Alamo pricing was secured through Costco for both trips. You also get a free extra driver when booking through Costco.

I am using 1 free upgrade coupon code: AU2993SDR and Visa discount code: 7015504.....It helps a little, but the price is very high either way. :)
I have a very stupid question regarding the free upgrade coupon. If I reserve a midsize does that mean on the day of pick up I actually go to the full-size line? I've never used the upgrade coupon.

I have a very stupid question regarding the free upgrade coupon. If I reserve a midsize does that mean on the day of pick up I actually go to the full-size line? I've never used the upgrade coupon.
Yes. Your reservation will likely say Standard, which at MCO, would mean Fullsize.

OP, many of the old discounts are gone. As Gina mentioned, fleets have been cut in half so their economies of scale are gone. The rental companies are charging what they need to in order to stay afloat. We rented cars three times last fall and each price was shocking to us. I just threw together a last minute dive trip to Fort Lauderdale for spring break. Not even Costco could help us on that one! I ended up booking through Sixt, which has locations all over Florida. Many Americans don't look at them because they haven't heard of the company but Sixt is literally all over Europe and entered the US market in the past few years. We used them twice in Europe and it is a quality company. I pre-paid to get the lowest rate, which I never usually do, but these are the times we live in now!

Last edited:

OP, many of the old discounts are gone. As Gina mentioned, fleets have been cut in half so their economies of scale are gone. The rental companies are charging what they need to in order to stay afloat. We rented cars three times last fall and each price was shocking to us. I just threw together a last minute dive trip to Fort Lauderdale for spring break. Not even Costco could help us on that one! I ended up booking through Sixt, which has locations all over Florida. Many Americans don't look at them because they haven't heard of the company but Sixt is literally all over Europe and entered the US market in the past few years. We used them twice in Europe and it is a quality company. I pre-paid to get the lowest rate, which I never usually do, but these are the times we live in now!
Hello -
Can I ask you - Did you like Sixt? I booked them for our upcoming May 2021 trip and I am having a panic moment. I have seen some goofy reviews of them and makes me panic a bit. thanks!

Hello -
Can I ask you - Did you like Sixt? I booked them for our upcoming May 2021 trip and I am having a panic moment. I have seen some goofy reviews of them and makes me panic a bit. thanks!

Sixt came through for us in a huge way for our dive trip last month. Our FL arrival was delayed by a day due to a little blizzard here at home, so we called to see what our options were on our pre-paid res. (I usually never pre-pay!) She said they always hold all reservations for 24 hours. We were incredibly nervous flying down, arriving late at night, thinking Sixt might be sold out anyway due to it being the start of spring break week. Not only weren't they sold out, they had so many cars to choose from and we received a sweet upgrade from the incredibly helpful and friendly agent at the counter.
So no need to panic! Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter