Alamo Car Hire.....

duffdo

Mouseketeer
I recently returned from Orlando, and noticed that I had been charged by Alamo for a tank of gas. I had returned the car full, (took photos of the dash!) I also received an invoice with a zero balance from the agent, yet my card was charged on the date of return. Called Alamo UK, who said I had to call a US number. I tried, but nobody would pick up. I sent an email and called my credit card company to place the charge in dispute.....anyway, Alamo refunded, I lost out slightly due to the improved exchange rate!

Has anybody had this happen to them? I hear they are notorious. I had issues when I used them a couple of years ago too!

It can happen to any rental. There is a thread on another forum now with exactly the same happening after a Budget rental.
Not a lot you can do about it, if you have a reciept that says $0 owed and proof you don't owe anything you can then fight for a refund, usually there is no problem.
I have had issues with every single rental company over the years, thankfully all resolved.

Cheers Wayneg, I was considering using a different company next time but have always in one way or another found a Alamo to be cheapest particularly when looking at an economy car. I suppose if this happens often then I will just have to grin and bear like everybody else!

I got a letter form Alamo last week saying that I incurred a driving citation while I was out there in Oct/Nov.

They have charged me $18 for the pleasure of passing my details onto whoever says I did something wrong. They also told me when this happened but not what I did.

I guess I could just ignore whatever comes in the post to me (in a speedy 6-8 weeks) but as I am going back next year it's probably best to clear my name. Perhaps I did something wrong.. I never did get the whole turn right on red and so suspect it's something like that. I have no clue as to what it is going to cost me etc.. so that's going to be fun.

I have decided not to rent a car next year, I didn't enjoy driving out there at all.

I got a letter form Alamo last week saying that I incurred a driving citation while I was out there in Oct/Nov.

They have charged me $18 for the pleasure of passing my details onto whoever says I did something wrong. They also told me when this happened but not what I did.

I guess I could just ignore whatever comes in the post to me (in a speedy 6-8 weeks) but as I am going back next year it's probably best to clear my name. Perhaps I did something wrong.. I never did get the whole turn right on red and so suspect it's something like that. I have no clue as to what it is going to cost me etc.. so that's going to be fun.

I have decided not to rent a car next year, I didn't enjoy driving out there at all.

Usually the car hire company will just bill your credit card. We had one with alamo and one with budget, on both occasions im sure we were tucked up!!

duffdo Mouseketeer, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo.com with your contact information, the exact branch location, and any other details. Please attach this reference number to your email 131218-005922.
Thank you-Christina

duffdo Mouseketeer, I would like to discuss this further with you. Please email us at Care[at]Alamo.com with your contact information, the exact branch location, and any other details. Please attach this reference number to your email 131218-005922.
Thank you-Christina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter