Alamo $10/day weekend rentals

lovemred

Earning My Ears
On www.alamo.com, click on "$10 a day Weekend Rentals"

• Valid at participating US locations from 1/8/09 through 5/31/09 for rentals of an economy through premium size cars.
    [*]24-hour advance reservation required.
    [*]Minimum one day/maximum four day rental required.
    [*]Non-participating locations include, but are not limited to Denver, Aspen and the New York Metro area.
    [*]Cannot be combined with any other discounts or promotional rates. Availability is limited and blackout dates may apply.
    [*]Weekend rate available 9:00 AM Thursday; vehicle must be returned by pick up time on Monday or higher daily rates apply.
    [*]Rental must include a Saturday overnight stay.

Thanks! Arriving 1/8, picking up at the Dolphin, and getting 4 days for the price of the 1 had originally booked!

EP

Thanks OP! This works out perfectly for our 3-day cruise in May!!!:thumbsup2

Thank YOU to the original poster of the $10 per weekend day on the alamo site. It saved me a BUNDLE.

I changed a few things though. As the person indicated, I went on line to the alamo site and clicked on the link for the $10 a day special. WHen the reservation form opens up, I change the Corporate ID to the Walmart code (428448) as this includes an additional free driver, then keep the Rate code of the special (WKND), and add a $20 off ecoupon ( AD5196JDV).
Get this... for a rental of a compact from the Car Care Center, 1/8 , returning 1/12 (also to the car care center), with ALL TAXES and FEEs AND an additional driver, my TOTAL was : $36.12 !!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It is incredible!!
Thanks again!

Kris, going down for the Donald half marathon

Thank you OP! I needed a rental car for a weekend in March when my son is playing in a tournament. This saves us a bundle!

Thanks for posting. Didn't save me any those. I got the same rates using walmart code and coupon.

It is very specific that it must be a weekend only rental. As long as you pick up on THurs (or later) and return by the pick up time on MOnday, the deal works. (even with Walmart code and rate code of WKND).

Funny thing... the alamo people did find the glitch in the system however. I wanted to change my pick up time by an hour and when I went to change it, the computer said that the coupon was not valid. ($20 off a 4 day rental). So I am keeping the original pick up time as I have a confirmed reservation for $36.12 for 4 days. :cool1:

Kris, watching the snow fly as she plans her trip next week

It also blocked off Super Bowl weekend for me. Otherwise, I was able to get a nice rate for the upcoming Marathon:thumbsup2

Thank you...thank you....thank you :worship: :worship: :worship:

Feb 5-Feb 9........mid size was the largest available. I also tried the coupon but no luck. Total with taxes... $68.19 :thumbsup2

I got a 3 day rental for $43. + change, plus I pick up from the CCC @ WDW which makes it pretty easy for me. Still, I would prefer to rent a car for out entire 6 days, but don't actually need a car, just want one. If anyone comes across any 5 day or longer deals - please post!!!!

Thank you!!! :)

We were originally going to use ME but we are staying at Old Key West which can be a long walk to the Hospitality House depending on where your room ends up. Thanks again!!

Kelly

How would I get to the CCC from ASMu?

ETA: I see from my confirmation that shuttle service is available from Disney resorts

Thank you OP! I had a car reserved for my whole trip but I didn't really need it everyday. $57.12 for a 4 day rental is fantastic!!!!

Gotta love the DIS!!!!

Thank you OP!!!!! I just booked us for a Disney cruise April 23-26. For those dates my rate is $43 for a Premium car (all classes were the same price). This will be so much cheaper than paying for transfers or getting a towncar.:thumbsup2

I only seem to get the cheaper rate when I return it back to MCO. If I try to return it anywhere on disney prop it is twice as much:confused3

Also if I put in that I am from Canada the rate is higher. Does what country you live in really matter???

I don't take the insurance cause it transfers from my insurance here in canada/

Thanks
Kim

I received this email & reserved a car for dh & myself in March. Total for 3 days is $43 & change :thumbsup2 We will pick up & drop off at the Dolphin. I have never been here, anyone know where I need to go at the Dolphin?

I only seem to get the cheaper rate when I return it back to MCO. If I try to return it anywhere on disney prop it is twice as much:confused3

Also if I put in that I am from Canada the rate is higher. Does what country you live in really matter???

I don't take the insurance cause it transfers from my insurance here in canada/

Thanks
Kim

It doesn't really matter. I also live in Canada and I leave it on the US setting if it gives me a better price and I have had no issues the past 3 years.:thumbsup2

I hope they havethis dealfor September! I am going in May Solo but have no desire to drive in Fla !! However when we all go in September it would be great to have a car available to make grocery runs etc !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter