• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aladin's Oasis

mickey+minnie91

Mouseketeer
:confused3Can anyone tell me what it is? As many times as I have been to Disneyland, it seems to appear to be an unused area of the park. Maybe my timing is just bad. I have walked past it countless times and have never seen much there?

It's mainly used(front part anyway) as a Meet and Greet for Aladdin, Jasmine, or occasionally the Genie.:)

On my family's first trip in 2008, they had storytime there with Aladdin, Jasmine and the Storyteller (for those who remember, my wife and I still use the phrase "aaaaand scooch and scooch and scooch and scooch" on a regular basis).

Every trip since, it has just been unused space, although I think that for a while a year or two ago, they might have put in temporary seating. Don't recall seeing the gates open on our last few trips.

We went in 2008 at as well, when there was a fun story time. Now it is mostly unused except for a meet and greet, but a great place to go sit and rest for a few minutes!

It is a meet and greet now but we always head there to sit and eat when we get Bengal BBQ. It is quiet, shady and a great place to relax.

Where is this? Is it hidden enough from view that your average park visitor wouldn't see it if looking for a place to sit near Bengal?

Where is this? Is it hidden enough from view that your average park visitor wouldn't see it if looking for a place to sit near Bengal?

I believe that it is right between the entrance to Adventureland (coming from the center of the park) and the Tiki room, if memory serves.

I believe that it is right between the entrance to Adventureland (coming from the center of the park) and the Tiki room, if memory serves.

It's actually just past the Tiki room, if you are heading from the Hub into Adventureland. If you are facing towards the middle of the park from Indiana Jones/Tarzan's Treehouse, you'll see it at the end of the Adventureland "street".

I think it was originally a themed restaurant. A long time ago

Yep. Originally Tahitian Terrace a sit down restaurant with good food and a great show of hula dancers, fire dancers, etc.. Then it became Aladin's Oasis a sit down with ok food and a good Aladin themed show. Then it became at storyteller location. Then a meet and greet. These days it is a meet and greet on occasion and a nice place to eat your Bengal Barbque and relax the rest of the time.

dsny1mom

20140420_121429_zps158525bd.jpg.html

We finally stopped there on Easter. We saw Alladin and Geanie. We stopped to rest and eat lunch. Eventually the characters left for break and we were the only people in there! I couldn't believe it! I just had to snap this panoramic pic. We had our own little "oasis" to ourselves . My DH even took a little nap. :cool1:

Darn....I guess I don't have the post a pic thing figured out yet. Lol.:confused3

Weird, the photo link didn't show up in your post but it was in the email I got notifying me that there was another reply to this thread... Cool pic by the way :) Who's that napping off to the right?

That's my DH napping. It was our second day in the park. I am always on a natural high when I am at DL. ...my DH. ...not so much. Lol. I think we had maybe 5 hours of sleep the night before since we had stayed till park closing and we were back for RD the second day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter