Aladdin's Oasis and Ariel's Grotto

SpanishForker

Mouseketeer
We currently have both Aladdin's Oasis MSEP on the go thing and Ariel's Grotto booked for our upcoming trip. In looking at the menu's for both I know that my 10 and 13yos will only want to order off of the Kid's menu for these places. Has anyone had any experience with this aspect of these locations? If I have to pay the adult price and still get the Kid's meal that will be fine. I really hate the 10yo (and 13yo for that matter) being an adult for Disney dining, but understand their rules etc.

Thanks!

You shouldn't have trouble ordering off the kid menu at the kid price for Aladdin's Oasis. They can order off the kids menu at Ariel's Grotto but will probably be charged the adult price. Some places will charge double the kid price for double the kid portion.

I assume the character meal aspect of Ariel's Grotto is why we will pay the adult price despite getting Kid's meals. Is that correct?

Yes, dining package and character meal prices are based on the ages of the guests and not what is ordered.

I assume the character meal aspect of Ariel's Grotto is why we will pay the adult price despite getting Kid's meals. Is that correct?

No, they do this at every sit down restaurant if someone of an adult age orders off the kid's menu.

I thought Aladdin's Oasis only offered the MSEP dining packages?

I assumed that's what they were asking about. My 16 yo DD had no issue ordering off the kid menu for the PTN version of the package. I was prepared to pay the adult price but they only charged the kid price. Many others have reported similar experience with it.

No, they do this at every sit down restaurant if someone of an adult age orders off the kid's menu.

How then would that work at a place like Blue Bayou where I know my 10 and 13yo would order off the kid's menu? Do they just charge you the cheapest "adult" entree price?

I assumed that's what they were asking about. My 16 yo DD had no issue ordering off the kid menu for the PTN version of the package. I was prepared to pay the adult price but they only charged the kid price. Many others have reported similar experience with it.
Interesting...sigh...this is another one of those things that is inconsistent across the company. I suppose that if enough people knew this and started booking meals at the kids price to get the MSEP viewing, Disney would start to enforce the age requirements.

Interesting...sigh...this is another one of those things that is inconsistent across the company. I suppose that if enough people knew this and started booking meals at the kids price to get the MSEP viewing, Disney would start to enforce the age requirements.

Someone else posted the other day that an adult in their party wanted the kid meal and only paid the kid's price. I guess it's not really table service, more of a quick service. And at a QS anyone can order a kid's meal. Overall the menu doesn't look appealing to our vegetarian family and there isn't anything GF for my mom. I would have considered it for our trip as our first day is the last day of the parade.

Someone else posted the other day that an adult in their party wanted the kid meal and only paid the kid's price. I guess it's not really table service, more of a quick service. And at a QS anyone can order a kid's meal. Overall the menu doesn't look appealing to our vegetarian family and there isn't anything GF for my mom. I would have considered it for our trip as our first day is the last day of the parade.

It seems I remember reading on another post that they do have an allergy menu option, it's just not listed on the site. Much like all their other quick service locations. I think it was the chicken?

Are you speaking from experience that there in not a GF option? They are so good with this at other food locations, I'd be surprised if they didn't have an option.

We will be there next week and have reservations for the MESP package. I did note the special request on our reservation.

It seems I remember reading on another post that they do have an allergy menu option, it's just not listed on the site. Much like all their other quick service locations. I think it was the chicken?

Are you speaking from experience that there in not a GF option? They are so good with this at other food locations, I'd be surprised if they didn't have an option.

We will be there next week and have reservations for the MESP package. I did note the special request on our reservation.

I was basing my decision off of the menu listed online. It is possible that they offer gluten free. But my mother needs GF and vegetarian. Since the food is pick-up it seemed to me that it would be difficult to get something for her so I moved on to other ideas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter