• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aladdin seating - please explain it to me.

Mazzy

Planning for 2019
I see there is a thread for preferred seating, but I'm not sure what it's all about. :confused3 Could someone please explain, we haven't seen the show before and would like to see it this visit.

Oh and I'm partially deaf, does anyone happen to know if they have the reflective captions for this show?

Aladdin is a theater show--you won't need preferred seating, IMO, but it will probably help to get to the theater before the show. I think 30 minutes will do it. It's an excellent show, on par with at least an off-Broadway production, except it's 40 minutes long. It tells a coherent story and is well worth watching! There is a lot of music so if you already know those songs you'll know those parts almost completely. (They change one lyric in "One Jump Ahead" because Abu isn't present in the theater version, and they add a song for Jasmine.)

I'm not aware of any reflective captions--the show has a little improvisation (by the genie) so captions might not be so helpful, if they do exist. But if amplified audio would help you, it looks like they offer that per the official page.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dis...tainment/detail?name=AladdinEntertainmentPage

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/11/disneys-handheld-device-adds-audio-description/ may be a description of the item in question, by the way.

We just saw it in April. I'm not sure where the Preferred Seating was, but it didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house. We were stage left, main floor, almost all the way to the back, and the view was fine. You will be fine anywhere you sit. And it was a great show!

I'd get the assisted listening device if you can. You won't want to miss the Genie's jokes. So funny!

The theater holds about 1,800. It has three levels. They block off three sections and fill them from bottom level, middle, then top. The bottom starts filling about 50 minutes before the show. The middle about 20-25 minutes early. And the Balcony, top section, about 10 minutes before the show.

Preferred seating is a seperate section that lets you in first to the lower level. Usually there are about 300 preferred. Preferred are available to Tours and others.

Seating up front on the lower level lets you see the performers up close, and you can sometimes interact with the actors (The Majic Carpet will high five the kids on the right front aisles). The primary actors sing the lead in the songs live. The front of the raised lower section lets you see more of the stage and the flying carpet.

The front rows in the middle section give the best overall view and if you sit in the right front Jasmine and Aladdin fly within 15' and will wave to you.

The top section is a real "Nose Bleed" section and you can see the whole play.

For the hearing impared, they make arrangements, if you let them know before the show, and will let you borrow a complete copy of the script with stage direction. It doesn't cover the Genie's adlibs. eg: "You like her she likes you.... It's just like Twilight... Except you are better actors"... "I'm the new American Idle"... etc.

Here is an up close view from the front of the lower section.

IMG_0520.jpg

When our package came from Disney Vacations it had little stamp like things to the shows for priority seating. Aladdin was one of them. My question is how this works with a wheelchair user? If I don't need to use them due to the wheelchair seating I will save and pass on to the next person in the thread wait list.

Priority seating will allow you to enter the lower level first. If you are in a wheelchair and can transfer to a regular seat you can get the best seats. Keep the prority seating and arrive about 20-30 minutes early.

The section for those that stay in the wheelchair is at the center back of first level. The upper sections have wheelchair sections, but they are the worst seats in the theater.

Thanks for the advice. Guess we will use that priority seating for the back of the first section :3dglasses

I see there is a thread for preferred seating, but I'm not sure what it's all about. :confused3 Could someone please explain, we haven't seen the show before and would like to see it this visit.

Oh and I'm partially deaf, does anyone happen to know if they have the reflective captions for this show?

No captions but the assisted listening device may help if you have some hearing, my son is profoundly deaf since birth( so we tend to sign most of the dialog for him and it can be difficult) and I understand where you are coming from any of the shows will have assisted listening devices for you just let a cm know before the show. I dont have any answers for priority seating as we have never done it.. just waited in line and got great seats every time!:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone for your great replies. :thumbsup2

I don't have enough hearing for the assistive listening device, have tried them before, so I wonder if I go to the CM at the theater, whether they would allow me to sit somewhere near the front, so I can try and lipread and it's likely the sound would be better nearer the front, do they have any normal seats near the wheelchair area?

It sounds a great show, would really love to see it, but would definitely need to be near the front to get the most out of it, and even then would probably miss some if the speech is fast.

We had preferred seating and sat in the front row of the second section on the right hand side of the lower level. I thought they were the best seats, we could see everything perfectly and a horse and camel (not real ones LOL) came right up to my DD. She put her hand out to the camel and it nuzzled her hand. :love:

Instead of starting a new thread...

What is a good way to get a seat for Aladdin in the mezzanine section?

Is there a separate line for the mezzanine section?

And how early should you get in line?

(We're going in July, and we don't have the preferred seating.)

Thanks, in advance. :earsboy:

Everyone has given really great advice already- but I'll just chime in and say that I definitely agree on getting there early [at least 30 minutes]. My sister and I went and saw it together a few months ago for the first time, and we both really loved it!

[I thought Genie stole the show!] :goodvibes

Have fun!
Lorealle

Instead of starting a new thread...

What is a good way to get a seat for Aladdin in the mezzanine section?

Is there a separate line for the mezzanine section?

And how early should you get in line?

(We're going in July, and we don't have the preferred seating.)

Thanks, in advance. :earsboy:
30 minutes early and yes there is a separate line for mezzanine. Clearly marked.

We were just there last week. We got there 30 minutes early and we were only allowed to go to the orchestra line. They refused to open the mezzanine line until the orchestra line was full. This created a line to get into the mezzanine line. I'm not sure when they started to let them actually go into the ropes.

We went to the orchestra section and they kept us out of the theater much later than I expected. I don't think we entered until about 15 minutes before show time. The orchestra section has a lower part and an upper part with an aisle between them. We sat in the first row in the upper part and it was great. As a pp mentioned, the camels walk by right in front of you. We had a very good view of the flying carpet. I did wonder how well those closer to the stage could really see it since it was right over their heads.

All in all it was a great show. The genie was hilarious and it was obvious there were jokes added just for the day based on current events.

I think this show should be seen twice, if possible. Once up front, and once in the mezzanine - different perspectives, both good! :thumbsup2

Also, use the bathroom before you go inside - there are NO restrooms in the theatre! :eek:

the seating for aladdin ... well it's in a big building, and you sit in chairs..HAHA rflol just kidding..

it's like if you went to the opera with tiered seating!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter